• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April 25

CillaP

Time of past OR future Camino
April (2019)
Hi there. I am planning to commence my camino from SJPDP on April 25, taking the Volcarlos route. Anyone else walking this way on the 25th?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi
I'm arriving at St Jean on Saturday 27 April and starting out on Sunday 28 for Kayola in order to take care of my feet - next night booked at Espinal but after that nothing booked. I'll look out for you šŸ˜Š

25th for me too! just attempted to book kayola also as i will be catching the train from bayonne that day and don't want to try and tackle the entire etapa if i'll only get into sjpdp at 9ish! will see you in roncevalles!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
25th for me too! just attempted to book kayola also as i will be catching the train from bayonne that day and don't want to try and tackle the entire etapa if i'll only get into sjpdp at 9ish! will see you in roncevalles!
Are you walking the Napoleon route or Valcarlos?

Kayola is on the Napoleon route - if the weather is ā€œunfavourable ā€œ Iā€™ll have to change to the Valcaros route. Are you booking ahead already for most days or just going with the flow like me? Normally Iā€™m one to book ahead but this is my first Camino and Iā€™m concerned about weather, feet, going with general well-being, not turning it into a race and focusing on the experience - in hope šŸŒˆ Iā€™m also trying to keep out of step of the guide book stop offs

Kayola is on the Napoleon route - if the weather is ā€œunfavourable ā€œ Iā€™ll have to change to the Valcaros route. Are you booking ahead already for most days or just going with the flow like me? Normally Iā€™m one to book ahead but this is my first Camino and Iā€™m concerned about weather, feet, going with general well-being, not turning it into a race and focusing on the experience - in hope šŸŒˆ Iā€™m also trying to keep out of step of the guide book stop offs
I haven't heard of Kayola before! Yeess I'm one of those people that book ahead :)
I have made a decision to "walk into the camino" and mind my feet on the first few days but it seems that most people go the Napoleon way. I am hoping there might be someone else starting on the same day going the same way for company.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
kayola is 1km down the hill from orisson and owned by orisson. no dinner but there is a kitchen and its cheaper than orisson ($17 as opposed to $38) which is why i chose.

Hi there. I am planning to commence my camino from SJPDP on April 25, taking the Volcarlos route. Anyone else walking this way on the 25th?

Iā€™ve walked the Valcarlos Route and itā€™s fine. A lot of bends but itā€™s not difficult. I hope to do it again as I will be starting late in the day due to late flight etc. Then when I get to Roncesvalles early next day I may make the next town.
May see you on the way. Look out for an oldie with bunions!
Buen Camino

Iā€™ve walked the Valcarlos Route and itā€™s fine. A lot of bends but itā€™s not difficult. I hope to do it again as I will be starting late in the day due to late flight etc. Then when I get to Roncesvalles early next day I may make the next town.
May see you on the way. Look out for an oldie with bunions!
Buen Camino
Lol. Do you start walking on the 25th?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, and so will quite a few more. Iā€™m always filled with trepidation myself, but found when I started off it dripped away and really enjoyed the experience. You will too. As long as youā€™re walking in the right direction! Pax.

Yes, and so will quite a few more. Iā€™m always filled with trepidation myself, but found when I started off it dripped away and really enjoyed the experience. You will too. As long as youā€™re walking in the right direction! Pax.
Do you think there will be many people taking the Volcarlos route if the Napoleon way is open? I feel like I might be in a party of one...šŸ˜¬

We are heading out mid day on April 27th. We hope to be taking the Napolean route, with our first night booked in Orisson.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi CillaP, you will be fine, there are usually a number who follow the Valcarlos Route either the path or even the road. If you donā€™t mind walking on tarmac the road is wide and has a wide verge. Itā€™s unlikely you will be by yourself, unless you want to be.

Hi CillaP, you will be fine, there are usually a number who follow the Valcarlos Route either the path or even the road. If you donā€™t mind walking on tarmac the road is wide and has a wide verge. Itā€™s unlikely you will be by yourself, unless you want to be.
Thanks Peterk. Hopefully will see you along the way. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didnā€™t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I donā€™t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.