• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April/may 2014

AZgirl

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2012 , via de la Plata 2014
Madrid/frances Sept/Oct 2017
Next : mozarabe 2021
It's a year later then I hoped but I just bought my tickets to Spain! I found a good deal and decided to commit to it now. I will be leaving sevilla the weekend of April 25-26 or so. Would love to hear from anyone who else may be around at that time.(I checked the calendar but didn't see any yet) I'm planning on making to Santiago and maybe muxia if time and body permits. So excited and for this camino I'm making sure I train properly not just a hike or two the week before.

Buen Camino!
Ash

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I plan on starting the VDLP around that time, although I might leave earlier because of the Easter crowd. The last time I talked with Hieudovan he was going to try and leave around that time also. My departure time is not too predictable because I will be flying military space A out of Travis AFB. I'll have a forum patch on my backpack, so if you see a patch say "hello", it might be me. Buen Camino

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
It's a year later then I hoped but I just bought my tickets to Spain! I found a good deal and decided to commit to it now. I will be leaving sevilla the weekend of April 25-26 or so. Would love to hear from anyone who else may be around at that time.(I checked the calendar but didn't see any yet) I'm planning on making to Santiago and maybe muxia if time and body permits. So excited and for this camino I'm making sure I train properly not just a hike or two the week before.

Buen Camino!
Ash

Hi, Ash,
I would love to be walking the vdlp in late April, early May. In my opinion, that is the best time. You will find wild flowers everywhere, probably pretty nice temperatures, lots of green, lots of babbling brooks through green meadows, and just a lot of overall beauty. Plus a few rainy days thrown in to make you really appreciate the nice days.

Since Easter is April 20 next year, you won't run into Holy Week traffic. It sounds perfect to me! Buen camino, Laurie

I plan on starting the VDLP around that time, although I might leave earlier because of the Easter crowd. The last time I talked with Hieudovan he was going to try and leave around that time also. My departure time is not too predictable because I will be flying military space A out of Travis AFB. I'll have a forum patch on my backpack, so if you see a patch say "hello", it might be me. Buen Camino

Is that one of the planes that have cargo net seats?

I will keep an eye out for you, it would be fun to see someone from the forum in real life.

Ash

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi, Ash,
I would love to be walking the vdlp in late April, early May. In my opinion, that is the best time. You will find wild flowers everywhere, probably pretty nice temperatures, lots of green, lots of babbling brooks through green meadows, and just a lot of overall beauty. Plus a few rainy days thrown in to make you really appreciate the nice days.

Since Easter is April 20 next year, you won't run into Holy Week traffic. It sounds perfect to me! Buen camino, Laurie
Thanks for encouragement . I've been reading posts and it seems last year was a bit cold so I shall be hoping for warmer weather. I'm also looking forward to the Roman ruins. It just seems so far away right now!

Ash

Thanks for encouragement . I've been reading posts and it seems last year was a bit cold so I shall be hoping for warmer weather. I'm also looking forward to the Roman ruins. It just seems so far away right now!

Ash
Yes it was ultra cold in May 2013 - rain and sleet in the Salamanca area, but apparently that was very unusual for May. Plan a rest day in Merida the Roman ruins are worth a day - you can get an all day pass to about 4 or 5 sites. Check into the TO (its roughly in the centre of town). Buen Camino.

I have not bought my ticket yet but I am planning on going May 2014. I am from the United States. Would be interested to find out if anyone else from the US is going then. I am from Pittsburgh, PA.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes it was ultra cold in May 2013 - rain and sleet in the Salamanca area, but apparently that was very unusual for May. Plan a rest day in Merida the Roman ruins are worth a day - you can get an all day pass to about 4 or 5 sites. Check into the TO (its roughly in the centre of town). Buen Camino.
Thanks, I will definitely try to take a rest day there, or maybe a very short day as I am a bit concerned with getting to Santiago before my return flight home. Did you stop at italica?

I saw that and yes I was going to message you and plan on stopping by. Awesome. So do you have a terrible towel if not I will bring one.

We, my husband and I are planning on leaving Seville mid March 2014, we walked from sjpp sept 2012 and loved it so much we decided to try a different route and see more of Spain.

Thanks, I will definitely try to take a rest day there, or maybe a very short day as I am a bit concerned with getting to Santiago before my return flight home. Did you stop at italica?

hello azgirl,

welcome to the camino.

if you start about 7:30 from sevilla, you should be in italica in plenty of time to visit the roman ruin. italica is worth visiting for about 2 hours and then you can continue to guillena without losing any time. of course if you are a history buff, you might also spend a couple of hours in caparra. merida is worth an extra night to visit all the roman ruins.

buen camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Buen Camino!
Ash
Hello Ash,
This will be my 3rd Camino but at this moment can't seem to make up my mind which one to do. The last 2 although started miles apart both ended doing the Camino Frances. However I am a little of a purist when it comes to walking, I love the sense of completion by starting at the beginning and finishing at the end. Both have a feeling of completion and achievement. I am only 70 years old on paper but more like 45 in the mind, never want to grow old. Are you interested in at least starting in Sevilla with an " old man ". By the way I did look in to see Ivor and also Jonnie Walker in Santiago just to thank them for their help.
Buen Camino.......Ultreia Keith.

Hello Ash,
This will be my 3rd Camino but at this moment can't seem to make up my mind which one to do. The last 2 although started miles apart both ended doing the Camino Frances. However I am a little of a purist when it comes to walking, I love the sense of completion by starting at the beginning and finishing at the end. Both have a feeling of completion and achievement. I am only 70 years old on paper but more like 45 in the mind, never want to grow old. Are you interested in at least starting in Sevilla with an " old man ". By the way I did look in to see Ivor and also Jonnie Walker in Santiago just to thank them for their help.
Buen Camino.......Ultreia Keith.

That would be great! Let me know if you decide to this one, and we could meet up.

Ash

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Ash,
This year, sorry 2013 my Camino was 2,400 km. or 1,400 miles approx. It was my way of celebrating my 70th birthday over a total of 82 days, continuing the extra 4 days after Santiago to Muxia & Finistere. However for the first half of my Camino I met less than 15 other pilgrims whereas after St Jean I met over 36 different nationalities to walk, talk, eat & drink with. This year I also walked on behalf of a charity, my local Mountain Rescue Team but in 2014 I am looking for an alternative way, quieter than the Camino Frances and the "chasing bed " syndrome that exists there. You may recognise the picture of Simon Reeve with me in St Jean even though I ended up on the cutting room floor. I won't mention a name but also my charity received a generous donation from a famous American actor with Camino connections. Yes I am very interested in the VDLP and an April start would fit in with my 2014 walking schedule.

I am also thinking of walking the Via de la Plata this year. I have no definite plans as yet but thinking about starting in April
Maura

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am also thinking of walking the Via de la Plata this year. I have no definite plans as yet but thinking about starting in April
Maura
hello me,
welcome to the camino forum.
it is better to do the vdlp in the beginning of may, as at least the weather will be warmer.

buen camino.

Hi Ash,
My husband and I are planning to do VDLP end of April into May. We are both in our 60s, and have already walked a few Caminos, but really looking forward to VDLP.
Look out for us, we are from Victoria, BC (Canada).

Hello Piogaw
Thank you but I am hoping to start 1st or 2nd of April as I have to be back home 20th May at the latest.Not sure if I will wait until Autumn. My hope is for dry weather.Researching flights at the moment that arrive in Seville early afternoon.
Maura

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We'll be starting from Seville May 13 on bikes, if you see two guys on black mountainbikes it might be us :) Buen camino everyone!

Hello Piogaw
Thank you but I am hoping to start 1st or 2nd of April as I have to be back home 20th May at the latest.Not sure if I will wait until Autumn. My hope is for dry weather.Researching flights at the moment that arrive in Seville early afternoon.
Maura

Hello maura,

50 days should be more than enough to go from sevilla to sdc with rest days in merida and salamanca.. I did this camino this past february in 36 days not including rest days starting from sevilla on the 3rd of february. You might also want to have a couple of rest days in ourense (hot sprring) andmaybe another one of the town with hot spring. I believe ryanair flies from dublin to sevilla and i think there is a sale going on now. You will also probably like to spend a couple of days in sevilla. It is a very lovely city and historical place.

Weather will start to get warm the first half of the camino until around salamanca(half way mark) and then getting cooler with strong gales, heavy rain and even snow. I hope you go by way of sanabres (turn left after zamora).

I hope this helps. Give me a shout if i can help you any further.

Buen camino and god bless.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have not bought my ticket yet but I am planning on going May 2014. I am from the United States. Would be interested to find out if anyone else from the US is going then. I am from Pittsburgh, PA.
Hi! I am flying into Madrid on May 7th and begining in Astorga....my starting point is here in beautiful Bellevue, Idaho USA! I will have a butterfly patch on my teal osprey backpack! Hope to say hello! Kelly :)

I'm flying to Madrid on May 2. If I walk the VDLP, I will bus to Caceres and begin there on the 3rd or 4th, picking up where I left off last year.
Hope to see some of you on the Way!

Buen Camino!
Ash
Hi, Ash, I'm hoping to leave on Easter Monday having spent the last part of Holy Week in Seville and shall be walking gently and sightseeing en route, so you'll probably overtake me, Peter

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Can't wait to hopefully meet you guys along the trail. It would be nice to see everyone in person.

Hi, Ash, I'm hoping to leave on Easter Monday having spent the last part of Holy Week in Seville and shall be walking gently and sightseeing en route, so you'll probably overtake me, Peter

I've spent days during Semana Santa in Sevilla, Granada, and Cordoba, and it is spectacular. You're going to have a wonderful time! But it will be REALLY crowded!

Buen Camino!
Ash
Hi Ash,

I will also arrive around the same time. What day are you planning to start the walk from St Jean?

Lucy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Ash,

I will also arrive around the same time. What day are you planning to start the walk from St Jean?

Lucy
Hi,
I'm walking from sevilla this time. But I went from sjpp about the same time before it will be gorgeous! Is this your first camino? Maybe we shall meet in Santiago or finesterra, that would be lovely.

Hello,

Yes it's my first camino and I am excited and nervous. I am so looking forward to it. So any helpful tips would be great. Maybe see you in Santiago!

I'm flying to Madrid on May 2. If I walk the VDLP, I will bus to Caceres and begin there on the 3rd or 4th, picking up where I left off last year.
Hope to see some of you on the Way!

Hi Annie -

We are starting where we left off in Caceres as well, arrive Madrid April 23 and taking the train the same day to Caceres. Probably start out on 24th. You'll likely overtake us as well, as we are doing a "slow camino" this time.... Hope to run into you! I'm keeping my eyes open for forum patches.
Buen camino!

Lynne! That's awesome! Do you have info on the train? I thought we'd bus to Caceres. The bus is 25,15 euros. Is the train a better deal?

We'll be taking fairly small stages too but hopefully we'll run into you along the way.
Buen Camino!

Lynne! That's awesome! Do you have info on the train? I thought we'd bus to Caceres. The bus is 25,15 euros. Is the train a better deal?

We'll be taking fairly small stages too but hopefully we'll run into you along the way.
Buen Camino!

That would be great, Annie! Train and bus are pretty comparable I think.... it's a bit of a walk from the train station into the centre of the city or to the albergue, but it's manageable.
Here you see that the 1018 and 1600 trains are €32,45. The 0807, 1430 and 1821 trains are €27,05.

I don't mind the bus at all, but prefer to take the train at this price as we're going right to Atocha station from the airport and want to get into Caceres at a reasonable time. Our flight arrives at 0750 and so we'll take one of the 1018 or 1430 trains depending on timing.

Exciting!!

Origen: MADRID (*)
Destino: CACERES

Trenes para el dĂ­a: Viernes 17 Enero 2014

SalidaLlegadaDuraciĂłnPrecio desde*PrestacionesAccesible
flecha_rosa.gif
17014 R. EXPRES 08.07 12.16 4 h. 9 min.Precio Internet
carrocompra02.gif
Turista:27,05
flecha_rosa.gif
17900 INTERCITY10.18 14.14 3 h. 56 min.
flecha_rosa.gif
Consultar y comprar
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
17012 REG. EXP14.30 18.36 4 h. 6 min.
flecha_rosa.gif
Consultar y comprar
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi everyone,
After spending a few days in Paris, we're planning to leave there on 1 May 2014, and travel either by train or plane (still to be determined) to Bayonne/Biarritz and then take a train to SJPdP to start our Camino from there the next day. I've just realised that 1 May is Labour Day in France. I assume at the least that this will reduce the number of trains running on the day and probably make travel in Paris to the Gare Montparnasse or airport more difficult? Anyone have any advice about this? Will it create difficulties trying to get to SJPdP on a public holiday in France?

We have reached the point where we are counting weeks till we go - very exciting!

Helen.

My husband and I begin our pilgrimage on May 1 from SJPP. We have reservations at Orisson for that night. We are from Caldwell, Idaho USA. Soon!

Hi Annie - I too will be 62 this year - aagh! Planning to walk the Del Norte this Spring, and am booked in for hospitalier training in UK in March. We met on the VdP when I recognised your skirt - remember? I've been in Peru last 3 months learning Espanol with David from Portland/Vancouver - we met in Santiago last May. I hope our paths cross again Camino Amigo! Patricia
OMG! I will be 62 this year.
Can that be true???

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Annie - I too will be 62 this year - aagh! Planning to walk the Del Norte this Spring, and am booked in for hospitalier training in UK in March. We met on the VdP when I recognised your skirt - remember? I've been in Peru last 3 months learning Espanol with David from Portland/Vancouver - we met in Santiago last May. I hope our paths cross again Camino Amigo! Patricia

Of course I remember you!
But I can't remember, did you finish the Plata?
It seems like you were sick also?
Maybe we'll meet up in Santiago!
Buen Camino!

I am new to this forum and new to even knowing about the Camino! I hope to walk the Leon to Santiago portion in late April or late May.
I hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in November 2013 and while challenging, I LOVED the peacefulness of the Trail. When I told a cousin about it,
he immediately said I needed to look into the Camino! Hopefully I am in shape enough for the Camino! I also hope to firm up a starting date within the next few weeks! I read on here that April can be rainy but I also just read that last May, it snowed! : ) My daughter is studying in Sevilla this semester and I had hoped to meet up with her in Sarria, but now her schedule got complicated! Anyone else possibly walking alone?

Hi, Have been watching this thread for a while hoping to see that someone else is walking from Granada in March/April 2014 - but none so far! My husband and I plan to do the entire camino to Santiago. Anyone else planning on being in Merida around 7-9 April?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi,
You should starting the Via de la Plata in Seville by about 24 th April will keep an eye out for you. When do you plan to reach Santiago and will you continue to Muxia and Finisterre ? Buen Camino.

Hi, Have been watching this thread for a while hoping to see that someone else is walking from Granada in March/April 2014 - but none so far! My husband and I plan to do the entire camino to Santiago. Anyone else planning on being in Merida around 7-9 April?

Hi, Bodhimindi1,

Great to hear that you are striking out from Granada. I know there are several of us here who are contemplating this section but have not yet ventured forth. So any information from the trail or after will be much appreciated. Getting to visit Granada and CĂłrdoba on a camino is a real treat! Buen camino, Laurie

Hi,
You should starting the Via de la Plata in Seville by about 24 th April will keep an eye out for you. When do you plan to reach Santiago and will you continue to Muxia and Finisterre ? Buen Camino.
Hi I will be starting around 25 so will look out for you Marilyn

We, my husband and I are planning on leaving Seville mid March 2014, we walked from sjpp sept 2012 and loved it so much we decided to try a different route and see more of Spain.
I'm leaving Sevilla on the 20th of March; perhaps we'll meet?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi everyone,
After spending a few days in Paris, we're planning to leave there on 1 May 2014, and travel either by train or plane (still to be determined) to Bayonne/Biarritz and then take a train to SJPdP to start our Camino from there the next day. I've just realised that 1 May is Labour Day in France. I assume at the least that this will reduce the number of trains running on the day and probably make travel in Paris to the Gare Montparnasse or airport more difficult? Anyone have any advice about this? Will it create difficulties trying to get to SJPdP on a public holiday in France?

We have reached the point where we are counting weeks till we go - very exciting!

Helen.
Hi Helen, I'm from Adelaide too and am a "Helen". I plan to walk in May 2014. Have you any advise on travel from Adelaide to SJPdP please? I was going to go through to Paris and then train. Eurolines seems to leave from CdG airport each night. So does SNCF. I was trying to fit a flight in so that I could train straight from airport rather than go into Paris for a hotel for the night. How did you plan your trip. Cheers Helen2

Hi Helen, we are spending a week in Paris before heading to SJPdP. We were originally planning to take the train, but ended up booking a flight to Biarritz instead, with the plan to take a bus from there to Bayonne and the train from there to SJPdP. We decided that this is a quicker way to get to the starting point, although I must admit that the idea of taking the train from Paris to Bayonne is appealing to me. We should get to SJPdP late afternoon and plan to start walking the next day. I'm a first timer/camino novice, so this is purely based on advice from all the others who have contributed to this forum and not my personal experience. It's worth checking all the useful information here to help you work out what will suit you best. All the best, Helen.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi I will be starting around 25 so will look out for you Marilyn
Thank you for that info I will have to make up one day somewhere to be able to finish on the 30 May . No I am not going on to Muxia or Finisterre - I think six weeks on the road will do me fine thank you

Buen Camino!
Ash
Hi Ash hopefully I will see you on the road - oh my goodness what a long road it is going to be. Buen camino and happy planning in the meanwhile - Marilyn

Maura
Hi Maura have you decided when you are going to be setting off - I will starting on the 26 April happy planning Marilyn

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen Camino Maura, I'm landing in Seville Tues 8th, I might start on the 10th.

Buen Camino!
Ash
Hi Ash,
I'm leaving Seville on May 8th. Who knows, we may meet up. I'm looking for someone to walk with also. I'll keep my eyes open. Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Hi Paladycamino, I am also walking the camino in May and live in eastern Ohio. Have you made your reservations yet? Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm from Seattle WA walking May 9 from Pamplona. It Would be great to meet you both on the camino.

That would be great! When do you plan on finishing? Maybe we can connect somewhere along the way or at the end.

Buen Camino!

Hi catzilla,

I have no time table on when I will be finishing. Keep an eye out for a tall bald guy. Haha...

€83,-
I had planned to walk the VdLP this Spring, but something came up and I was not going to be able to. However, now things have changed and I might be able to walk. So I came back to this VdLP thread to read the latest postings. I thought that I had wandered into the wrong forum. These pilgrims will be leaving from SJPdP or Pamplona. Huh? Buen camino to all, wherever you will be walking this April/May. For myself, I hope to be able to walk the VdLP around May 1, starting in Sevilla.

Hi pilgrims, I am planning to leave Sevilla on 7th or 8th May. This will depend on the Festival there starting 6th May. I believe Angela and Geoff will also start around this time, so the more the merrier. Buen camino to all those on the road, or starting soon.

Finally bought tickets. Will arrive in Sevilla Friday, May 2, in the evening. Plan on sleeping 2 nights at Triana (will email them my reservations) and start walking Sunday, May 4th. I would like some advice & information:

1. I plan to get a Tarjeta Dorada at Barajas and take the train to Sevilla. What should I be aware of? The plane touches down at 10 am. Will I have enough time to make it to Triana in Sevilla?
2. What I should be aware of and do to prepare for starting the camino on a Sunday from Sevilla?
3. Does Triana let you sleep for more than 1 night?

This forum has been wonderful with your wealth of information and encouragement. I had a good and uneventful Camino Frances in 2012 due in large part from the wisdom of those who had gone before me. Thank you again for the CF and looking forward to your kindness and camaraderie in preparing for and walking the VdLP.

Hope to meet some of you in Sevilla or along the path. Buen camino!

Hieu

Thanks for your answers to #1 & #3 (on another thread). How about #2, what should I be aware of starting my walk from Sevilla on a Sunday? Buen camino, Hieu

Hi Paladycamino, I am also walking the camino in May and live in eastern Ohio. Have you made your reservations yet? Maybe we can meet up sometime.
Hello, No I have not made my reservations yet. I was thinking of starting a little later than the 18th. I found a trip to Dublin with air, car, hotel, and some food for less than just airfare to London. And some people stated that it was only $40 euros for airfare to spain from there. I think it is 6 nights in Dublin. I figured I should be able to get rid of the jetlag by then. But if things change I will let you know.

We are from Northern Ireland and we fly out of Dublin on the 12th May and it cost us over twice as much and we booked in January. So before you get too excited check that price. You can get for that price but I have never seen it. Meanwhile enjoy Dublin and be sure to get a stamp on your pilgrim passport at St James Gate (the Guiness brewery, where the ancient Irish pilgrims left from.

Hi, Ash,

What do you folks mean about the Easter Traffic? I was planning on leaving Seville April 21, right after Semana Santa. Is there a crowd at this time? I could stay in Seville a few extra days.

Hello, No I have not made my reservations yet. I was thinking of starting a little later than the 18th. I found a trip to Dublin with air, car, hotel, and some food for less than just airfare to London. And some people stated that it was only $40 euros for airfare to spain from there. I think it is 6 nights in Dublin. I figured I should be able to get rid of the jetlag by then. But if things change I will let you know.

It cost me 80euro when I booked my ticket in January, I am sure it will be more if you book it now.
I echo what rector has said. Visit the guiness brewery and have your passport stamped in St James' church next door :)

Ash - Jamilla and I will be setting out from Triana Backpackers on Sunday 27 April. Might see you there (?)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We are from Northern Ireland and we fly out of Dublin on the 12th May and it cost us over twice as much and we booked in January. So before you get too excited check that price. You can get for that price but I have never seen it. Meanwhile enjoy Dublin and be sure to get a stamp on your pilgrim passport at St James Gate (the Guiness brewery, where the ancient Irish pilgrims left from.

This should be some Camino if you start your walk from Dublin, how many miles is that.

Buen Camino.

What do you folks mean about the Easter Traffic? I was planning on leaving Seville April 21, right after Semana Santa. Is there a crowd at this time? I could stay in Seville a few extra days.

Hello Mudcrone,

I assume that they mean by Easter traffic the various religious festivals that take place at Easter. Although well worth seeing sometimes accommodation can be a little limited. I have chosen to arrive in Seville on the 23rd to avoid the crowds, starting out on the 25th - 27th April after exploring Seville.

Ultreia................Keith.

This should be some Camino if you start your walk from Dublin, how many miles is that.

Buen Camino.
It is really easy you just start at the Guinness brewery and you don't care how far it is and the stretch of water in between can be walked on.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It is really easy you just start at the Guinness brewery and you don't care how far it is and the stretch of water in between can be walked on.

Sorry it was a totally stupid question following your visit to the Guinness brewery and several pints of the black stuff anything is possible. But how you remembered even walking is beyond me.
Very well done on the rugby pitch this year.

Thanks all for the update on the cost from Dublin to Spain. It still sounds cheaper than just getting the flight to London. Love all the Guinness comments.

Sorry it was a totally stupid question following your visit to the Guinness brewery and several pints of the black stuff anything is possible. But how you remembered even walking is beyond me.
Very well done on the rugby pitch this year.
As an old hooker I could not even watch the France match but thanks for your support most years we need it

My guess is that international flights ex USA connecting through Dublin to Spain might show the leg as overall cheaper than the inter-Europe ones. I 100% agree if there is an opportunity to have a couple of days in Dublin, nothing could be finer than to start the pilgrimage with a drop of black gold and a stella (stamp) to boot. Buen camino (beware of old hookers though!!!)

Ash - Jamilla and I will be setting out from Triana Backpackers on Sunday 27 April. Might see you there (?)
Hi, I've planning staying at Triana's but have not booked yet. I'm leaning towards starting on Saturday. When do you arrive in Seville?

Arriving around noon on Wednesday 23rd - but if I can't fit Jamilla on the airport bus it's an 18 km walk, so maybe 4-5.00pm.
Triana is a lovely hostel. I stayed there last year, not knowing beforehand that it was a camino jumping-off point.
Look forward to meeting you there...

We'll be in Madrid on Friday the 11th, then we'll take the train to Burgos and just see how far we get beforre we have to fly home on the 22nd. I'd think Astorga or so - the lovely flat stratch of the Meseta. I just hope for less rain than last Easter, when we waded from Porto to Santiago...

My wife and I are starting from SJPP on April 30

Last edited:
We'll be starting from Seville May 13 on bikes, if you see two guys on black mountainbikes it might be us :) Buen camino everyone!
Hey Paschilke, a few of us are starting walking from Seville on 7-8th May, so lets hope we might see you up the track. You will cover many more miles than us, so may see you early in your tour.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hey Paschilke, a few of us are starting walking from Seville on 7-8th May, so lets hope we might see you up the track. You will cover many more miles than us, so may see you early in your tour.

We should pass you on our third or fourth day then, I'll keep my eyes open :) This is really getting close now, when I think about how fast time flies by I get a bit nervous. I guess I'm not the only one.

We should pass you on our third or fourth day then, I'll keep my eyes open :) This is really getting close now, when I think about how fast time flies by I get a bit nervous. I guess I'm not the only one.

Halla Halla Paschulke,

Likewise leaving at the end of April 25th - 27th so you will pass an old white haired man with a Welsh flag on his pack, say Halla.

Since I retired from teaching I have worked as a substitute teacher in order to pay for my Camino. I leave in two days and I am smiling as I proctor state tests because this is MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL and my "vacation" is going to be AWESOME! That last day of school feeling is still great. I am so tired of waiting and arranging that it will be a relief start walking.

I have just finished from Sevilee to Carcaboso about 380 km it was so beautiful enjoy your trip. If you want you can have a look at a collection of photographs which I hope will capture that stage. www.dermotdolan.blogspot.ie

Enjoy Nalod

Hello All,

Just booked my flight to Dublin this morning. Much cheaper than any of the other places in Europe. It was around $540 US (one way because don't know when I will be coming back.) Ryanair on a Wednesday seems pretty cheap $45 euros. Not sure if I picked the right place in France though. Did not book that yet until someone tells me where I should fly and train too. Excitement level is up because now that I have my ticket across the pond it is starting to sound real to me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello All,

Just booked my flight to Dublin this morning. Much cheaper than any of the other places in Europe. It was around $540 US (one way because don't know when I will be coming back.) Ryanair on a Wednesday seems pretty cheap $45 euros. Not sure if I picked the right place in France though. Did not book that yet until someone tells me where I should fly and train too. Excitement level is up because now that I have my ticket across the pond it is starting to sound real to me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure where you want to go to and where you want to start walking, please let me know and I will see if I can give you some assistance. In any case, Dublin is worth a visit!

Be VERY careful with 'Ruinair'. They're a cheap airline, but they make up the money shortfall by charging you top dollar if you get one little thing wrong.
eg - you MUST check in on-line and print out your boarding card correctly; you must NOT have a carry-on bag that's even one inch bigger or one ounce heavier than their rather mean dimensions (and I've heard their scales err on the side that favours them.
If you get everything right, you're ok - otherwise you pay through the nose.

Be VERY careful with 'Ruinair'. They're a cheap airline, but they make up the money shortfall by charging you top dollar if you get one little thing wrong.
eg - you MUST check in on-line and print out your boarding card correctly; you must NOT have a carry-on bag that's even one inch bigger or one ounce heavier than their rather mean dimensions (and I've heard their scales err on the side that favours them.
If you get everything right, you're ok - otherwise you pay through the nose.

Hello Mum,

I am a great believer in the saying " you get what you pay for ", be that a quality item that costs more or a budget item that costs less. Yes there are bargains out there and on no frills, short hops, Ryanair is a bargain as long as you play the game.

Yes, it's great - if THEY also play the game. I went to Sevilla with them last year. Never again!!!
I did everything right, but THEY moved the goalposts - i.e. three weeks before I was due to travel (and the day before the Feria) they informed me they'd changed my booking -- to a flight which left 12 hours earlier and arrived around midnight.
I had the 'option' to refuse, of course; but this was no option at all as I wanted to be there for the opening of the Feria. And every other flight I could get at such short notice cost the earth!
So it cost me an extra night at the hostel, plus the angst of walking through a strange city in the early hours of the morning. As I had been attacked several years ago in what I'd previously considered a safe place that I knew like the back of my hand, I was NOT pleased. (Although as soon as I stepped out in Sevilla I could sense how very safe this city is.)
HOWEVER - I was sooooo glad I'd booked my trip home (from Alicante) with easyjet, who've never given me any problems at all.

My son asked why I'd booked with Ruinair in the first place. I said I didn't like to diss them when I'd never tried them.
He said "Would you put your foot in a crocodile's mouth to find out for yourself if it bit?"
(Point taken.)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Actually, Aer Lingus flies from Dublin to Seville, Malaga, Santiago and Madrid, they are often cheaper than Ryanair, and A LOT nicer and more reliable.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back