• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arizona Pilgrims 2012 and beyond

Wolfmoms

Hello,

I live in Phoenix and work at the Paradise Valley REI ... just returned from the Camino. If you are preparing for a Camino ( in any year, as I plan to go back ) or have done the Camino, drop in for a chat ... love to talk Camino and prep! -- Laura P

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
My daughter and I will be starting our Camino on May 22 at Leon. We are flying into Paris on the 17th and taking the train to Lourdes then San Sebastian and meeting with our group in Leon. We have bee planning this for several years and now it is just a couple of weeks away!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

O forgot to say we live in Phoenix and were in the REI two weeks ago getting the last few items. everyone there is SO friendly!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wolfmoms said:
Hello,

I live in Phoenix and work at the Paradise Valley REI ... just returned from the Camino. If you are preparing for a Camino ( in any year, as I plan to go back ) or have done the Camino, drop in for a chat ... love to talk Camino and prep! -- Laura P

Hi Laura,
I live in Northern AZ. and need a ton of help with gear, will be at the PV REI this coming Sunday if you are in I would very much like to meet you for help and to know more about your Camino.

Bobbie

Hi Laura,

I live in Tucson and will be starting my Camino from St. Jean on Sept 2, 2012. I'm very excited, can't wait wish I could skip July and August and wake up in September. I'm sure this is going to be the time of my life!

Are there any other Tucsonans starting around the same time?????

Arlene

amourier said:
Hi Laura,

I live in Tucson and will be starting my Camino from St. Jean on Sept 2, 2012. I'm very excited, can't wait wish I could skip July and August and wake up in September. I'm sure this is going to be the time of my life!

Arlene

Hi Arlene. I live about 20 miles from Tucson. I will be (re)starting in Lorgroño on September 5th. Looks like I will be about a week ahead of you at the start, but I will be walking slowly. Perhaps we will cross paths. Feel free to send me a message if you want to compare notes over the summer.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
amourier said:
Hi Laura,

Arlene

Hi Arlene,
I live in Denver and am starting from Roncesvalles on the 1st or 2nd of Sept. Maybe we'll run into each other! -Cindy (going solo and a first-timer)

FYI, there is an American Pilgrims on the Camino Chapter starting in Phoenix...check out the APOC Facebook Page or the APOC website (americanpilgrims.com) for details.

Wolfmoms said:
Hello,

Awesome, then you can make sure all the people in the backpacks section realize that the camino doesn't require a 60l+ pack like they tried to sell me first time I was in the PV REI looking for packs. :)

I finally ended up buying the Talon 33 which is, I believe, what you used. The sales guy had your gear list and suggested it (I missed you by about an hour that day apparently). I like it but am going to have to return it as it's way too much volume for my needs and since there's no frame, when it's 1/3 empty it doesn't carry well. The guy also sold me the wrong size which would mean I'd have to return it anyway.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back