• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arragones and Frances

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
Walking from Jaca to Santiago starting April 10! Buen Camino to all my new friends I will eventually meet.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Walking from Jaca to Santiago starting April 10! Buen Camino to all my new friends I will eventually meet.
will you be heading to pampilona? i should be there around the 20th so i guess you may be ahead of me'
good luck and buen camino
andy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No Pamplona this time. Walking from Jaca to Puenta la Reina then onto Santiago.

Great choice, vacajoe! The Aragonés is really wonderful. If you have the time, you might want to think about getting yourself up to the French border at the Somport pass and walk down to Jaca from there. Absolutely beautiful mountain scenery, which you will totally miss if you start in Jaca. An even better idea (yes, I know you didn't ask me for any "better ideas") would be to get yourself a couple of days back to start in France at Oloron Ste. Marie, which would give you a nice build-up to the pass and then over.

For whatever weird reason, the Aragonés traffic has fallen dramatically. It's a real shame because there are great albergues, interesting towns, lovely scenery. Hope you enjoy it all! Buen camino, Laurie

Perfect choice!
I love the Aragones route!
You may want to book your bed and dinner at Ruesta.
One of my favorite routes!

We wanted to walk from France, but we're holding off on a definitive starting point due to the snow conditions in the Pyrenees - which given the recent snow, probably means we start from Jaca! We specifically chose the Aragones due to it seemingly being overlooked lately. Perhaps walking it and reporting back on this forum can help reinvigorate it.

We wanted to walk from France, but we're holding off on a definitive starting point due to the snow conditions in the Pyrenees - which given the recent snow, probably means we start from Jaca!
You can start in France, and if the snow is bad, take the bus through the tunnel to Canfranc Estacion. The hike up to Somport Pass is on a road, so even with snow, it will be clear after the plows have gone by. The hike down from Somport can be done on the road when the off-road portions are snowed in. After Canfranc, snow is not common, but if it is a problem, you can road walk the first couple of days, after which snow is extremely rare. The scenery after Jaca is generally unremarkable, so starting there is not terribly exciting. The good stuff is from Oloron-Ste. Marie to Jaca!!

Excellent suggestions! If I follow them, though, it ruins my secret plan to convince my wife to return in 2019 to complete the Aragones by walking from Jaca to Lourdes! I will definitely keep your suggestions in my mind, but I draw the line at walking through active snowfall - as a Californian, that's just not in my DNA. I'm absolutely convinced that I could spend the rest of my days walking Camino areas and never actually end up in Santiago; so much to see, so litttle time....

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back