• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Artproject: Pilgrims before and after (free portraits for participants)

Douwe

Time of past OR future Camino
Unknown
Hello pilgrims,

For a longterm art-project I'm making (photographic) portraits of pilgrims right before and after they have gone on pilgrimage. I'm researching if a pilgrimage leads to (visible) changes in a person's life and appearance. The anticipated result is a book and a travelling exposition.

I'm looking for more pilgrims to participate in this project. Not only will you be participating in an art-project you will also end up with two beautiful and free portraits. Your investment in time will be between 1 and 1,5 hour for each of the two sessions. I will visit you at home to take the photographs, so there is no travel involved on you part. I'm based in the Netherlands but travel and work all over Europe.

If you like to see some of my work visit http://douwevandevoort.nl/portfolio-item/portret/. If you are interested in participating please contact me directly at douwe.vandevoort@gmail.com.

Looking forward to your replies!

Douwe van de Voort

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'd love to be a part of your project. If it's not too late, I arrive in Paris on August 11 this year. Let me know if I can help...

Interesting idea, I'd love to see the results. Sadly I'm in Australia and my trip to the start will be a whirlwind of travel with three others in tow, but I hope you get many positive responses.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'd love to be a part of your project. If it's not too late, I arrive in Paris on August 11 this year. Let me know if I can help...

Hi, great to hear that you are willing to participate! And August is not too late. I'm in this project for the long run. When will you start your pilgrimage and when do you plan to end? And where are you based exactly? I'm trying to make one portrait in the week before the start and one within one week after the end of the pilgrimage. The closer to the actual start and end dates the better! I'm contemplating following up with a portrait a year after the end of the pilgrimage.

You can definitely help me with spreading the word. If you could inform your friends and fellow pilgrims on facebook, twitter etc. that would be great! I'm currently collecting all the responses and plan to get back to everybody within a week or so to start the actual planning effort. As I'm getting responses from all across Europe there is some extensive planning involved. :)

Douwe

Interesting idea, I'd love to see the results. Sadly I'm in Australia and my trip to the start will be a whirlwind of travel with three others in tow, but I hope you get many positive responses.

Hi, I'll make sure to share the results with as many people as I can, but most definitely with the people that participate and respond to my request, like you. And you can always help the project by spreading the word!

Thanks,

Douwe

Are you only interested in people who walk for a month or more, or are you interested in people who walk shorter distances? I can tell you what the difference usually is for me, even after just 10 days of walking (this Easter will be my 6th walk) - red nose, sunburned cheeks, wild, bleached hair, 2 kilos lost per week, plus a mild, beatific smile that won't go away for a few days.

I'll be flying in and out of Madrid on April 11th and 22nd, if you want to catch me on film - before and after that I'm in Oslo, Norway.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, great to hear that you are willing to participate! And August is not too late. I'm in this project for the long run. When will you start your pilgrimage and when do you plan to end? And where are you based exactly? I'm trying to make one portrait in the week before the start and one within one week after the end of the pilgrimage. The closer to the actual start and end dates the better! I'm contemplating following up with a portrait a year after the end of the pilgrimage.

You can definitely help me with spreading the word. If you could inform your friends and fellow pilgrims on facebook, twitter etc. that would be great! I'm currently collecting all the responses and plan to get back to everybody within a week or so to start the actual planning effort. As I'm getting responses from all across Europe there is some extensive planning involved. :)

Douwe
My pilgrimage begins in Paris probably on a bicycle. I will also spend 2 weeks as a volunteer at the albergue in granon Spain. I am not sure as to my route in France yet or the route through Spain to Granon. I will certainly keep you posted. I fly to Paris from Wash. DC ON August 11. I want to spend a few days in Paris as I've never been there.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
... The closer to the actual start and end dates the better...
One of my Caminos needed 40 days to grow a beard:cool: after which I looked 20 years older. :eek: This probably wouldn't fit into your art project?!;)

Hello pilgrims,

For a longterm art-project I'm making (photographic) portraits of pilgrims right before and after they have gone on pilgrimage. I'm researching if a pilgrimage leads to (visible) changes in a person's life and appearance. The anticipated result is a book and a travelling exposition.

I'm looking for more pilgrims to participate in this project. Not only will you be participating in an art-project you will also end up with two beautiful and free portraits. Your investment in time will be between 1 and 1,5 hour for each of the two sessions. I will visit you at home to take the photographs, so there is no travel involved on you part. I'm based in the Netherlands but travel and work all over Europe.

If you like to see some of my work visit http://douwevandevoort.nl/portfolio-item/portret/. If you are interested in participating please contact me directly at douwe.vandevoort@gmail.com.

Looking forward to your replies!

Douwe van de Voort
Great idea! If I lived in Europe, I'd be happy to participate. Best wishes. Alyssa, U.S.A.

Hi @Douwe your project sounds very interesting. I'm a photography student and during my research I recently came across this link to Marie Docher's self-portraits, taken as she walked the Camino in 2002, no doubt you are familiar with her work but I thought other peregrinos might enjoy looking at her images - having walked the Camino Frances I know how she felt! https://www.lensculture.com/articles/marie-docher-santiago

This year I will be walking the Camino Portugués starting in Lisbon 7th October

Most read last week in this forum

caminka submitted a new resource: via gebennensis - gebenennsis, geneva, le puy Read more about this resource...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back