Audio Spanish lessons

Laurie B

Mar 1, 2013
I am planning on walking the Camino ( St Jean to Santiago) in Sept.2013. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good and reasonably priced audio Spanish DVD.I thought that if I have something I can play in the background in the house or car I may pick up some of the basics. Wish me luck!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Trishkerry

Jan 17, 2012
Kent UK
Time of past OR future Camino
Done....Frances, Norte ,Primitivo, Finisterre
Future ...via de la plata
I asked a similar question sometime ago and it was suggested i try Michael Thomas. I did and i highly recommend him to you. I've just completed the foundation course and have just purchased the advanced course from Ebay.
Trish

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2011
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Oi! I'm Scottish and a woman in Estella told me I spoke the most beautiful, pure Spanish! :D I really don't know how that happened, but I can only imagine that it was a Camino miracle! Ha ha! :lol: Buen Camino tae yez a'.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

bismith

Jun 25, 2012
Vancouver Canada
completed May/June (2013), Le Puy to Santiago May-Jul 2018
Al the optimist said:
Try Coffee Break Espanol (just type this into your search). It is a series of 15 minute audios, starting from scratch. Gentle paced and easy to follow/

I too am using the Coffee Break Spanish method. It was available for free from iTunes. I practice this walking to and from work every day. I have repeated lessons 1 - 20 at least 3 times. Am I an expert, far from it, what I probably can do now is do a simple conversation. Something I could not do 2 months ago. Give it a go, what have you got to lose. Just over a month to go and am I ever excited. Walked 30kms yesterday just around my city (Vancouver Canada). A little tired but feeling great today.

healthytoo

Jan 12, 2013
Caloundra Qld Australia
Camino Francais (2013)
Al the optimist said:
Try Coffee Break Espanol (just type this into your search). It is a series of 15 minute audios, starting from scratch. Gentle paced and easy to follow/
Allan it is a very effective program. At first I thought "how can someone with such a bthick Scottish accent teach me Spanish" but the Spanish accents are really good...I love using Coffee Break Espagnol. I'm going to listen to the lessons on the Camino too 'cos I'm only up to lesson 6 & I leave for St Jean in 3 weeks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Jennifer Juniper

Mar 12, 2013
Westport, Ontario, Canada
Camino Frances fall 2014 or 2015
I have heard that you need to make sure you are studying Castillian Spanish or no one will understand you. Has anyone else heard that-and does CoffeeBreak offer it?I was doing a great course on Memrise, also free, but again, can't find out which dialect I am learning. I do speak French and have experienced how different it is in say, Canada, where I live,and France, and Africa, so I know dialect and pronounciation make a huge difference.Advice, anyone?

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2011
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Hi! Yes, Castilian Spanish is just what we would call 'Spanish'. Calling it 'Castilian' just acknowledges that there are other languages and dialects in Spain (Basque, Galician, Catalan etc). Castilian Spanish is the only one you really need to know for most Caminos. Although Latin America also uses Castilian Spanish there are some differences in accent and terminology (a bit like North American and British English), but nothing to worry about. Enjoy your studies! It will be worth it. Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Bouwmeester

Jan 24, 2013
The Netherlands
Camino de Francés SJPdP-PlR (July 2013)
bismith said:
Al the optimist said:

I too am using the Coffee Break Spanish method. It was available for free from iTunes. I practice this walking to and from work every day. I have repeated lessons 1 - 20 at least 3 times. Am I an expert, far from it, what I probably can do now is do a simple conversation. Something I could not do 2 months ago. Give it a go, what have you got to lose. Just over a month to go and am I ever excited. Walked 30kms yesterday just around my city (Vancouver Canada). A little tired but feeling great today.

I can definitely confirm this - Coffee Break Spanish is great for learning the basics (although they have 80 regular lessons, so you could even reach an intermediate level). As I've understood, English is widely spoken along the way, but speaking a bit of the native language always helps to break the ice :)

kathie rousseau

May 25, 2013
September 2013
Hello Everyone,

I use the following program and have found it to be excellent. It teaches Castillian Spanish. http://www.prospanish.co.uk You can try it out on youtube before you decide whether or not you want to purchase the program.

Also, I have been listening (half watching) to the Espanol versions of Caillou on youtube. They are available in both Castillian and Latin American versions. I often leave it running in the background for subliminal learning, however when I give it my undivided attention I learn much much more quickly.

Cheers,
Kathie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides