• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Autumnal Walk 2012 or Spring 2013

Suzy q

Plans have had to be adjusted....Now, want to do the hike starting the beginning of March 2013 or start mid September 2013. Anyone interested in joining me or have a small group I could join? I like Margaret's advice on slow and sure and do not plan to attack the hike. I can walk/hike several miles a day, but it's not a race. If I find a village to be interesting I may like to spend an extra day drinking it all in and doing some photography.
Below is my original post, now changed to what is written above.
Planning an October 2012 Camino Frances route walk. Would like to have a few others going at the same time, not to hang closely with, just so not completely alone and there are those aware I am around. I am female, mid 60's, excellent health, definitely can "keep up." I reside in Colorado on a high altitude ranch. This is not a so called bucket list thing, it's just a living life adventure. I would also be open to March 2013.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Suzy q said:
Planning an October 2012 Camino Frances route walk. Would like to have a few others going at the same time, not to hang closely with, just so not completely alone and there are those aware I am around. I am female, mid 60's, excellent health, definitely can "keep up." I reside in Colorado on a high altitude ranch. This is not a so called bucket list thing, it's just a living life adventure. I would also be open to March 2013.

Suzy,

Welcome to the Forum!

You will find much helpful information here as you plan your Camino. Past pilgrims who are Forum members are always eager to share their experiences and advice. Sharing is a large part of the Camino spirit; besides being informative for future pilgrims it help keeps memories current for experienced pilgrims as we recall our journeys anew.

October is a wonderful month to walk the Camino. The crowds of summer will have past but there still will be many pilgrims walking.

In Saint-Jean the office for the Amies du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with a Credential and lodging assistance. Their volunteers help run the albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle. Recently renovated this is a fine place to stay, but they do NOT take reservations. If their albergue is full they will help you find lodgings when you are on site. Both addresses are great spots to meet some new pilgrim companions.

walking in autumn you must be prepared for varied weather. Nights can be chilly or cold and freezing rain or even snow might occur. Be prepared! Scan the Equipment topic to read what other pilgrims carry.

By mid October not all albergues will be open but the hospitaleros usually know who is on the next stage. You will find the welcome at those albergues which are open to be most sincere. Most will either be heated or have blankets.

Be sure to check this Over 60's thread which has been compiled by some of us senior pilgrims>>> frequently-asked-questions/topic12014.html Our motto might be "Carpe Diem".

Happy planning and Buen Camino,

Margaret

Suzy q said:
Hi Suzy,
We plan on beginning our Camino on September 28 from SJPP. We'll be asking gals if their name is Suzy! Ross has a light green backpack and mine is charcoal/black. :)
Kathleen

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Kathleen, Plans can change in the wink of an eye! I will not be able to go this fall (2012). Issues with the ranch and another property now require me to be in the US this fall. I will go either in March or mid September in 2013. I would still like to move along the route continually running into some of the same people. When I was younger I had no fear; being a bit older has either brought more common sense or caution. You and Ross have a great hike, I envy you leaving so soon!!! Suzy

Hi all, I will also be a fall walker begining from either Roncesvalles or Pamplona Oct. 3rd or 4th. I will look for you along the way. My name is Sidney and I am a 61 year old retired Teacher from Mobile, Al. Forum Badge on Blue Deuter Pack. Hope to see you on the road, Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Hello, I am looking for contact to friend/pillgrim Ignacio from Argentina. He started Camino sanabrese from Ourense 14.may and finished 20.may in Santiago. If you know him, please contact me.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.