• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back on the Camino Portugués in April 2023

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Planning on starting from Lisbon 18 April.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Planning on starting from Lisbon 18 April.
Hey Buz. I was just realising. That you were in a group chatting about your first upcoming Camino in "Class of 2015" as I was. Over 7 years ago now. And was starting in May and into June. Like I did. And now I see you doing the CP from Lisbon 18th of April. I`ll be doing the CP from Porto 1st of May. How funny that we`ll be virtually in the same area. At the same time. 8 years on.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A small world indeed. Yep the informally named "red gaggle". Some of us met for dinner in Pamplona. Were you one of those? I believe that was the only time I met face to face with someone in the group. other than Stephen, from Mobile, AL. My plan is to leave Lisbon on the 18th of April and to arrive Porto on the 6th. Being the old guy that I am, 20km a day is my target. I probably will take the inland route from Porto as I spent 26 years in the navy living on or near water, lots of water, then the next 17 years on commercial ships, primarily cruise ships. Again, lots of water, sun, beaches. So I will probably go inland as much as possible. Maybe we will meet up along the way. Buen Camino.

Ah the Red gaggle. I couldnt remember the sub group we gathered in. I unfortunately was about 4 days behind you lot. So didn't end up catching up.

But cool. Have to look that group thread up...
As for being an old guy. Well we've all got a lot older since then.
👍🏼👍🏼

I am back from Santiago three weeks and I have today booked my flights to return to the Camino Portugués for April 2023.
A long ways away but something to look forward to.
Until then, I can keep writing up my posts after my most recent Camino.

Bom Caminho!
We’re also planning to take our first Camino from Porto next April.
From what I’ve read, I’m worry about the wet rainy weather in April.
What’s your thoughts and plan to deal with this kind of weather?
Best,
Davian

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sono tornato da Santiago da tre settimane e oggi ho prenotato i miei voli per tornare al Camino Portugués per aprile 2023.
Molto lontano ma qualcosa da aspettarsi.
Fino ad allora, posso continuare a scrivere i miei post dopo il mio più recente Camino.

Bom Caminho!
io sono nuova e partiro' anche io in Aprile 2023! Faccio il Cammino Francese...

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.