• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Backpacks only policy in Albergues: A common restriction?

When did the Diocese of Santiago impose these strict requirements?

Rebekah does not say anything about the Diocese of Santiago. She, like the rest of us, has her own sense of principle.

I live with self judgment and what I require of myself. Whether I accept someone else's judgement is my choice.

I do not chose to let my choices impose unrewarded obligations on others - as would be the case of forwarding my "luggage" in an uninvited way to an unsuspecting host.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Friends stayed right at the end of the bridge . Hostal don suero
You could stay there. Hopefully not much more ? You need to be spoilt once in awhile

Stayed there twice. A great place.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You misunderstood my post. I referenced her purported rules that pilgrims must walk (as opposed to cycling, riding horseback, taking buses, etc.) and must carry everything (rather than using bag transport).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When did the Diocese of Santiago impose these strict requirements?
They didn't. The Camino doesn't require a hierarchy to make its rules, although people love to impose their own requirements on it.
If you're doing this as a pilgrimage, it's all about simplicity. No rules, batteries, electrical charge, reservations, worries, petroleum, "camino family," charge card, rice cooker, blow dryer, belief system, money, luggage required, or desired.

Most read last week in this forum