• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Barefoot Walkers

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
In 2004 an amzing man, a doctor from South America, walked el camino barefoot. He told me that he works in the hospital barefoot, goes to restaurants, travels etc barefoot! He has only had a few incidences where he has been denied access to public places.
You can read about Machi's incredible journey here - with photos.

http://www.barefooters.org/gallery/pilg ... index.html

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Great article, thanks. How interesting, I remember seeing human footprints on one of my Caminos sometime ago. Only once. Impressive. Best, xm

Hard to believe but what courage it takes to do this. I remember some of downhill paths (after the wind mills after Pamplona and others) and cannot think of doing this without my old faithful boots...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Met a lovely Italian guy the first time I did the Camino. He had problems with his boots so dumped em and carried on barefoot. Shoulda seen his feet after walking across a corn field... Ouch.

Most read last week in this forum