Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!

Baztán Guide

Year of past OR future Camino
Insert the accent over the second a...
I just received my copy of Gerard Kelly’s Guide. I think it takes the prize for the lightest guide I have held in my hands. I look forward to referring to it, in tandem with other threads, filled with advice and suggestions from recent Baztan Pilgrims. Thanks in advance, Gerard. Not sure at all, but perhaps this coming August.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
Walked this way last September. Enjoyed it, especially after first 15km from Bayonne, it’s not really by the river as mentioned by other posts. But don’t rely on my recall.

NualaOC

Veteran Member
A few and hopefully lots more. See signature.
Happy planning and Buen Camino, @kirkie ! The GK guide is good for directions and other information about the route. Gronze is probably your best source of information on accommodation.

Hope this works out for you. Nuala.

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
Welcome to the merry band of Baztan fans.
The GK guide is most useful plus all the postings and help on the Baztan forum.
Buen Camino

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!

Monasp

I'm a manager of pilgrims office in SJPP
Camino in 2008.
Insert the accent over the second a...
I just received my copy of Gerard Kelly’s Guide. I think it takes the prize for the lightest guide I have held in my hands. I look forward to referring to it, in tandem with other threads, filled with advice and suggestions from recent Baztan Pilgrims. Thanks in advance, Gerard. Not sure at all, but perhaps this coming August.
Look here, maybe it will be good informations

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Another new avatar, Kirkie! You are quite the chameleon! 😊

Look here, maybe it will be good informations
Merci, Mona. My walking companion is up to unit xmillion of duolingo in French, so no doubt she will make excellent sense of your link! I will dig deep into the recesses of my school French and complement with google translate. Quand il faut...on peut decouvrir what seems to have disappeared...
Thank you so much.

Stuartwe

Camino Francés 2020
On recommendations of others,I also decided to purchase the guide.Compact and lightweight certainly but loads of relevant,useful information and looking forward to using on the route later this year.

This is such a lovely walk, parts on one of those very old roads where if you listen you can almost hear the clatter of hooves and feet and cart wheels.

It's hilly, but not horribly so. San Salvador it's not. And going up to the pass at Belate was special...such gorgeous beech forest.
And way up there, a chapel to remind us that others had come before with like intention....
I took too many pics.

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

alipilgrim

Veteran Member
Listed in my signature
I found the maps.me app invaluable as there were a few times that I was unsure where the route was, especially in France, and I could easily work out a route with the app. Mostly on the camino but especially around Esplette I managed on local walking trails to re-find my way...

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads