• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer on the Camino Baztán?

daveo19

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan for June 2024
My wife and I walked our only camino, to date, last fall. I booked all of our lodgings, mostly private rooms in Albergues or Hostels. I booked all our nights between SJPdP and Pamplona before leaving home. After that, I booked two nights ahead, as we walked. I never had difficulty booking on my own and liked having the flexibility to short days and days off as we walked.

I would look for properties that listed a WhatsApp number, typed up my request in English, ran that through Google Translate into Spanish. Then I sent both, as a single message, to the property through WhatsApp. I usually got a response, even to say the rooms were booked. The few times I did not succeed that way, I used booking.com

Good Luck

Jim
Thx

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ps. We started the Camino Baztan in Bayonne in May this year. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Refuge Saint-Jaques in Bayonne. You can book ahead. There is also gite Accueil Pèlerins Sainte-Elizabeth in Saint Jean de Luz, though I don’t have first hand experience. 😎
We are looking for luggage transfer companies on the Camino Baztan. Are you aware if any??

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There is no organized pack transfer company that I know of on the Baztán. There is just a handful of people who walk it, so it just wouldn’t make business sense for someone to do. I suppose you could inquire with taxi companies in Bayonne about transport on the French side, and then see about taxies on the Spain side — Elizondo, maybe? This would be a very expensive way to do it but I think it’s your only option.

We are looking for luggage transfer companies on the Camino Baztan. Are you aware if any??
Do you mean day by day pack / luggage transfer to each night’s destination? If so, I’m not aware of any service on the Baztan. There are not many people walking so I doubt it would be worthwhile for the various services to operate on that path.

If you mean luggage to be sent directly from Bayonne to Pamplona perhaps that’s possible through postal services, thought it can take longer sending between countries (ie France and Spain) than within.

Maybe someone else will have more info. 😎

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back