A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Best accommodation guide book for the Piemont Route

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances. Le Puy route. Foothill route. Aragon. Porto to Santiago in progress
No camping, please. Like to have a MMDO type of guidebook with plenty of information for chambre d'hôtes, hotels, gates, etc.

Advertisment

Felipe

Veteran Member
The Piedmont was discussed in another thread; you may find useful info.
About lodging: there are not so many options as in the Camino Frances.
Caution: many lists available in internet (and books) are not updated. And most of the places, currently, are not "donativo" anymore (they used to be, apparently)
My picks:
Betharram, at the monastery (the entry is not obvious, it is a narrow passage just facing the old stone bridge). Roomy, comfortable. You may join the community in the nightly Mass. The adjacent church is very worth a visit.
Arudy (one of my best experiences in my Caminos), parochial presbytery, rue Baulong 2, last round point before the church.
Oloron Sainte Marie: Relais du Bastet (attention, many guides don't have the phone or the persons in charge right, it is currently managed by an association); try this. It is a medium city, there are many options and services. Leaving is a bit complicated, and there is also other (and more favoured) route going to Somport; in the "Relais" the hospitaleros give you a map. If you are not sure, ask for the cathedral, and then follow the signposts.
Hôpital Saint Blaise, public. It is a minuscule village.
Monreal. Gîte municipal, 7 rue des Frères Barenne. Ask in the Tourism bureau or the city hall, main square. It is a little city; also some hostals and hotels.
Saint Just Ibarre, I stayed at a farm-albergue of Family Etcheberry, 1 km before the village. It does not appear in guides. I discovered this wonderful and warm place because of a sign in the panel of albergue municipal of Monreal.
Also, there other albergues in the village proper.
Saint Jean Pied de Port. Lots of options, as you know. I stayed in the parochial, the "Accueil Kaserna". Good feeling.
Buen Piedmont Camino!

Last edited:

Advertisment

Smurphy

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago 2014
SJPP to Muxia 2015
Porto to Santiago 2016
SJPP to Lourdes 2017
2018?
Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
S The Piémont Route 2

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.0%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.5%
  • June