• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best way to get from O Cebreiro to Sarria?

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2013, Oct 2017, May 2022
I am walking from Leon to Santiago in May (2022) but do to time constraints have to bus or taxi from O'Cebreiro to Sarria. Rome2Rio indicates a 15:15 bus but when I expand on the page it is not listed for the date I need (May 13). Any recommendations on getting from O'Cebreiro to Sarria? I see there are some threads about this subject but all are a few years old... not sure how to link my question to another thread...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have just taken two screenshots from Rome2Rio website. They give details of 2 companies that cover your needs. I am sorry I do not have time at the moment to do more. My experience is with Monbus from Santiago to Ferrol. I think we paid on the bus. It is considered short-haul, and many of those services are like that. You could email them, or phone if you have such an allowance on your phone account, and can handle a Spanish conversation. I hope this helps you a bit. It would surprise me very much that there would not be a bus service...

Schedules from Pedrafita do Cerebrio here: https://empresaportomarin.com/noticias/rutas

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Please note that the weekday buses cited by Tincatinker above leave from
Pedrafita do Cerebrio which is roughly 4 km from O Cebreiro. O Cebreiro is on the Camino Frances; however Pedrafita do Cerebrio is not.

I could definitely think of two other walking days I would give up. I think the walk from O'Cebreiro to Sarria is beautiful. Some other suggestions for saving two walking days:
1) The walk out of Leon through the industrial is one of my least favorite. You could start in La Virgen del Camino (easy bus from central Leon) this saves 1/2 day.
2) Later cab from Molineseca to Ponferrada, visit the castle and then bus or cab to Cacabelos. If this isn't enough you could go on to Villafranca del Bierzo. If you were walking in the fall, I wouldn't want you to miss the walk through the vineyards before Villafranca, but they will be sticks in May.

Please note that the weekday buses cited by Tincatinker above leave from
Pedrafita do Cerebrio which is roughly 4 km from O Cebreiro. O Cebreiro is on the Camino Frances; however Pedrafita do Cerebrio is not.
Correct, the only thing to add which might help is that it is all downhill from O Cebreiro and you could walk on the road or there is a slightly shorter track. You can also taxi down the hill.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
the bus pulls in right across front the Xunta in O'Cebreiro ( municipal albergue) on the road side. All the bus times are posted on the 'notice board' in the lobby; last time I used it it was only a couple of 'euros' to Sarria. I once made the mistake of walking downhill to Pedrafita (4k ) only to discover that the bus pulled right up outside the Xunta. One of the most beautiful parts of the Camino Frances. Check out the church in O'Cebreiro; beautifully atmospheric; ancient and red candles every where; I went to mass there one evening in January and the power went out; the light from the burning red candles flickering and shadowing the stone walls was enchanting! buen camino Brendano.

I want to stay at hotel in Cacabelos how far from Leon is that?? Is it on camino?
Thank you
Tiffany

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum