• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz to St Jean

Road Warrior 1

RoadWarriors
Time of past OR future Camino
Planning for September 2017
My wife and I fly Air Nostrum from Madrid and arriving Biarritz approximately 5pm Sunday 17th September 2017. We would dearly like to start our Camino journey the next day (18th) and attempt to reach Roncesvalles same day. Our dilemma is planning the best option in travelling from Biarritz to St Jean!!!

Comments welcome

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thankyou, any idea of the taxi fare to St Jean as there may not be trains Sunday evenings?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Difficult to say for September...but currently the train leaves Sundays at 14:55 and 21:10.
Go with style; this train is really cute, and the Bayonne station is lovely.
And do as locals do -that's my advice. To me, this is part of the experience of travelling. It is not just about the destination.
And...have I said that train costs a fraction of the taxi fare?

My wife and I fly Air Nostrum from Madrid and arriving Biarritz approximately 5pm Sunday 17th September 2017. We would dearly like to start our Camino journey the next day (18th) and attempt to reach Roncesvalles same day. Our dilemma is planning the best option in travelling from Biarritz to St Jean!!!

Comments welcome

Chronoplus bus #14 from Anglet Airport to Gare Bayonne.

SNCF train from Gare Bayonne to SJPdP.

You can stay the night in Bayonne and catch the 0745 train in the AM or catch the last train Sunday night 2110. Schedule isn't posted for your dates but it hasn't changed for at least the past 4 years. There are 3 (Sunday) or 4 trains daily all year. This is TER service, reservations are not available.

The other alternative is Express Bourricot, a private hire taxi based in SJPdP that caters to pilgrims. Cost goes down if there are more people wanting to go.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Comments welcome
Make contact with www.expressbourricot.com/en/ . They have a minibus service from Biarritz Airport direct to St Jean. Contact name Caroline Appechte. I have used service on 2 occasions. Fare 20euro approx per person. I recommend it . Paddy Brock, Ireland

I am arriving in Biarritz on Sunday, May 28th at 6:00. I don't want to get to St. Jean late at night, so I am taking the first 7:40 train in the morning. I get into St. Jean roughly 8:35 and immediately start walking. However, I will be staying the night in Orisson, so I am not so pressed for time. Good luck.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Difficult to say for September...but currently the train leaves Sundays at 14:55 and 21:10.
Go with style; this train is really cute, and the Bayonne station is lovely.
And do as locals do -that's my advice. To me, this is part of the experience of travelling. It is not just about the destination.
And...have I said that train costs a fraction of the taxi fare?
Thanks Felipe for your comments, we are really keen on setting off early Monday, I think a shared taxi will better suit our needs to arrive SJPD early (certainly before dark) on Sunday.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am arriving in Biarritz on Sunday, May 28th at 6:00. I don't want to get to St. Jean late at night, so I am taking the first 7:40 train in the morning. I get into St. Jean roughly 8:35 and immediately start walking. However, I will be staying the night in Orisson, so I am not so pressed for time. Good luck.
Food for thought StFina, this is an option we are also considering......time will tell

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back