• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bivvy bag Camino

Rhun Leeding

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon to Santiago - Sept/Oct 2015
Camino Ingles & Santiago to Finisterre & Muxia Sept/Oct 2016
Hi guys,

I know that the Camino is for thousands of people every year, but as I am lazy/particular about my distances....if I do take the odd bivvy bag night a few yards off the path, is this likely to have a huge impact....apart from my natural scent of course?

Thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
When I was researching the question of an overnight camp for one person, the most common prohibition was against doing so within a town's or a cities limits, or within a certain distance of a commercial camp ground.

Also, under NO circumstances is an open flame allowed, be it a stove or campfire.

Other than that, as long as you observe posted No Trespassing signs, you should be OK, as long as you leave nothing but footprints behind.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum