• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag forwarding on the Camino Frances, March/April 2024

Ewen Huff

Ewen
Time of past OR future Camino
March 2019 Camino
Please can anyone advise about bag forwarding on the Camino Frances. We leave SJPdP on Sat 23rd March. If it's cheap enough we might have our bags forwarded the whole way (in 2019 when I did it some spoke of it being only 1 euro per stop if you booked the whole lot). I imagine prices have gone up post covid?!

Thanks! Maybe see some of you on The Way!

Ewen Huffman (travelling with Mickey Campbell)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I think the whole Francés was €155 last year and I had something like 45 stages.

About 5-6 €\day based on which co you go with.
Yup prices sur went up and that 1€ you wont see again :(

Good luck and Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We've hiked Camino Frances four times. My wife used Jacotrans mid-way through our first camino. Paying stage by stage it was at least 5 euros back in 2015. We used Jacotrans for the other three caminos. Last two we sent our hiking plan to Jaco trans and paid in advance a lump sum for the full camino. We received a discount, but the total cost was still around 5 euros per stage. Bob

It’s a great example of an economic relationship which must have garnered several PhD’s by now.

Someone offers to mow my lawn and quotes 30, I tell them it’s too expensive and I’ll do it myself.

My neighbour asks me to cut his lawn and says he’ll pay me 40; I say I’m not doing It for that, it’s not enough.

If you’re able bodied and making a lifestyle choice to ship your bag, how cheap is ‘cheap enough’ ffs? It’s probably less than the price of a beer.

We had one cheapskate on here yesterday suggesting that a €20 bus ticket from Burgos to Madrid was expensive.

What does it cost to fly to Spain from the US these days?

Correos will do it starting from Roncesvalles. You have to use another carrier to get it into Spain if you want to use Correos. I am not sure when they begin service for the season so you would need to inquire. In the winter and until the beginning of the high season they operate only from Sarria or Tui to Santiago.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
No
Correos will do it starting from Roncesvalles. You have to use another carrier to get it into Spain if you want to use Correos. I am not sure when they begin service for the season so you would need to inquire. In the winter and until the beginning of the high season they operate only from Sarria or Tui to Santiago.
Desde el 1 de noviembre de 2023, el Paq Mochila está disponible en el Camino Francés de Sarria a Santiago y en el Camino Portugués de Tui a Santiago (a excepción de los días 24, 25 y 31 de diciembre y 1 enero, que no hay servicio por descanso en las fiestas navideñas).

A partir de marzo de 2024, el Paq Mochila de Correos estará disponible en las siguientes Rutas Jacobeas: Camino Francés desde Roncesvalles, Camino Portugués desde Tui, Camino Portugués de la Costa desde A Guarda, la Variante Espiritual del Camino Portugués, Camino Primitivo desde Oviedo, Camino del Norte desde Irún, Camino Inglés desde Ferrol, Camino Sanabrés desde Ourense y Camino a Fisterra y Muxía.

No

Desde el 1 de noviembre de 2023, el Paq Mochila está disponible en el Camino Francés de Sarria a Santiago y en el Camino Portugués de Tui a Santiago (a excepción de los días 24, 25 y 31 de diciembre y 1 enero, que no hay servicio por descanso en las fiestas navideñas).

A partir de marzo de 2024, el Paq Mochila de Correos estará disponible en las siguientes Rutas Jacobeas: Camino Francés desde Roncesvalles, Camino Portugués desde Tui, Camino Portugués de la Costa desde A Guarda, la Variante Espiritual del Camino Portugués, Camino Primitivo desde Oviedo, Camino del Norte desde Irún, Camino Inglés desde Ferrol, Camino Sanabrés desde Ourense y Camino a Fisterra y Muxía.
My English version says as of Easter it is available until Oct. 31. It would be good to confirm before planning on it.

Caminofacil charges about €6 per stage and you can pay in advance. I've used them for many years and have been very happy with their service. From Sarria, you can get pack transport for as little as €3 stage.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Please can anyone advise about bag forwarding on the Camino Frances. We leave SJPdP on Sat 23rd March. If it's cheap enough we might have our bags forwarded the whole way (in 2019 when I did it some spoke of it being only 1 euro per stop if you booked the whole lot). I imagine prices have gone up post covid?!

follow the way is handling my bags.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

we are leaving a few days later on the Monday carrying our own gear. Buen Camino.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

The post office offers or used to offer a very competitive service. Check the Spanish post office web site

The post office offers or used to offer a very competitive service. Check the Spanish post office web site
The issue is that they do not start their service from farther back on the Francés than Sarria until Easter.

From November 1, the Paq Mochila is available on the French Way from Sarria to Santiago and Portugese Way from Tui to Santiago (except on 24, 25 and 31 December and 1 January, when there is no service due to the Christmas holidays). As of Easter 2024, the Paq Mochila is available until October 31 at on the Frech Way from Roncesvalles,

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back