• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Blankets

LVDWD

Time of past OR future Camino
Can anyone tell me how likely is it that I can get a blanket in an Alberque. Don't intend bringing a sleeping bag concerned about the additional weight, but, have a low body temperature and for example while people are out kiteboarding with just board shorts on I am in a full wet suit; so at the moment (unless others can convince me otherwise) just bringing a silk liner. Will be walking from Sept 8th thru the 17th of October or thereabouts.

So given that my ? is really will I always be assured of getting a blanket in an Alberque?

Thanks for any answers I get or other advice. Opinions welcome.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Many albergues have blankets but not all. If you do not see any you could always ask the hospitalero for one. Usually there are some tucked away. Do be aware howevér that there is no standard norm on the camino nor is there in life!

Unfortunately, the coldest albergue, Roncesvalles, doesn't give out blankets.
MOST others do - just depends on the hospitalero.

If you tend to get cold, you may want to reconsider and take something like Marmot Pounder or even a piece of lightweight fleece...

Otherwise, you can just put on all your clothes and rough it?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Many Albergues seem to have blankets; however it is true that some do not and in particular Roncesvalles. I was not cold there with my one season sleeping bag and silk liner but some people on the top floor did say they were cold. In addition I had a thermatec reflective blanket which weighed only 200g green on one side and silver on the other. I was on the Camino Frances in April and May. I was glad of my sleeping bag, silk liner and thermatec blanket; however if it was a warmer time of year I would think about just taking the silk liner and thermatec reflective blanket.

Most read last week in this forum