• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blankets

LVDWD

Time of past OR future Camino
Can anyone tell me how likely is it that I can get a blanket in an Alberque. Don't intend bringing a sleeping bag concerned about the additional weight, but, have a low body temperature and for example while people are out kiteboarding with just board shorts on I am in a full wet suit; so at the moment (unless others can convince me otherwise) just bringing a silk liner. Will be walking from Sept 8th thru the 17th of October or thereabouts.

So given that my ? is really will I always be assured of getting a blanket in an Alberque?

Thanks for any answers I get or other advice. Opinions welcome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Unfortunately, the coldest albergue, Roncesvalles, doesn't give out blankets.
MOST others do - just depends on the hospitalero.

If you tend to get cold, you may want to reconsider and take something like Marmot Pounder or even a piece of lightweight fleece...

Otherwise, you can just put on all your clothes and rough it?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Can anyone tell me how likely is it that I can get a blanket in an Alberque. Don't intend bringing a sleeping bag concerned about the additional weight, but, have a low body temperature and for example while people are out kiteboarding with just board shorts on I am in a full wet suit; so at the moment (unless others can convince me otherwise) just bringing a silk liner. Will be walking from Sept 8th thru the 17th of October or thereabouts.

So given that my ? is really will I always be assured of getting a blanket in an Alberque?

Thanks for any answers I get or other advice. Opinions welcome.
Many Albergues seem to have blankets; however it is true that some do not and in particular Roncesvalles. I was not cold there with my one season sleeping bag and silk liner but some people on the top floor did say they were cold. In addition I had a thermatec reflective blanket which weighed only 200g green on one side and silver on the other. I was on the Camino Frances in April and May. I was glad of my sleeping bag, silk liner and thermatec blanket; however if it was a warmer time of year I would think about just taking the silk liner and thermatec reflective blanket.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hello all. I am planning my first camino end of May. fly into Porto and head north. I plan on staying in Albergos and had a few questions. Should I being my own towel? How far in advance do I...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.