• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booked my flights tonight

dee_smurf

Well my idea to walk the camino is no longer an idea now! It may be only a short walk but this has been the biggest step I have made purely for myself. Once the flight details were confirmed I began to feel a bit nervous...but not so much that I will back out.
I will be flying out in three weeks time this thurs, and starting to walk on May 30th from Ponferrada. I have yet to organise my pack, but I want to be as relaxed about this trip as I can be, and trust that what ever I may need, in what ever form, shall be provided. I won't bother you all with why I am doing this, but 'winging it' so to speak is important to me, in a strange way :p
I suppose I was wondering will there be any if you at that stage of the camino on that date. I can see myself being quite overwhelmed as I have never been anywhere alone before like this. And I think the fact that I have a 7 year old son waiting for me when I get back after my 10/11 days makes me want to return in one piece all the more....be that a more grounded and clear headed one piece!! So a friendly face and some advice would be greatly appreciated to this first timer!
This forum has been invaluable to me and the compassion and helpfulness that everyone shows each other here is why I have made the choice to make the idea a reality, and for that I want to thank you all x

(WOOHOOO....that's the little bit of excitement :) )

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Congrats.
I want to do it again this summer and so far I got the pack, the shoes and most of my stuff. I'm just waiting for the right moment to pick the dates and hit "enter" to purchase the flight tickets.
Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks so much guys. I got a wonderful message today with a few tips that really eased my mind.

I some how feel like I planned my camino and in return my life took some twists and turns that I now feel like I may need this adventure, as opposed to choosing to walk as a result of life situations....sorry I am rambling now!! My head is buzzing in anticipation of this trip :)

Hi dee_smurf great to read you are taking your first steps on the Camino. You will love it. May catch up with you as I arrive in Ponferrada on the 30th of May. A day behind isn't much. I am from Tipp and have walked the Camino twice. Where are you heading to from Ponferrada or have you thought about it yet. The main thing is enjoy and Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi dee_smurf great to read you are taking your first steps on the Camino. You will love it. May catch up with you as I arrive in Ponferrada on the 30th of May. A day behind isn't much. I am from Tipp and have walked the Camino twice. Where are you heading to from Ponferrada or have you thought about it yet. The main thing is enjoy and Buen Camino

Hi James, thanks so much. I am aiming for Villafranca del beirzo after Ponferrada. My main problem is trying to figure out what to do when I land in Santiago! My flight gets in at 15.30 and I was then going to catch the bus to Ponferrada. The problem is that the next bus is at 21.30 and I won't get to Ponferrada until 1am. So I don't know whether to do this and start walking thurs morning, or spend the night in Santiago and bus it to Ponferrada on thurs morn and begin walking late! Does that make sense?

Well my idea to walk the camino is no longer an idea now! It may be only a short walk but this has been the biggest step I have made purely for myself. Once the flight details were confirmed I began to feel a bit nervous...but not so much that I will back out.
I will be flying out in three weeks time this thurs, and starting to walk on May 30th from Ponferrada. I have yet to organise my pack, but I want to be as relaxed about this trip as I can be, and trust that what ever I may need, in what ever form, shall be provided. I won't bother you all with why I am doing this, but 'winging it' so to speak is important to me, in a strange way :p
I suppose I was wondering will there be any if you at that stage of the camino on that date. I can see myself being quite overwhelmed as I have never been anywhere alone before like this. And I think the fact that I have a 7 year old son waiting for me when I get back after my 10/11 days makes me want to return in one piece all the more....be that a more grounded and clear headed one piece!! So a friendly face and some advice would be greatly appreciated to this first timer!
This forum has been invaluable to me and the compassion and helpfulness that everyone shows each other here is why I have made the choice to make the idea a reality, and for that I want to thank you all x

(WOOHOOO....that's the little bit of excitement :) )

Unfortunately I will be finished by that time. I will start at St Jean Pied de Port on May 16 and fly home from Bilbao on May 27. I'm also very excited ! Maybe we will return another day and meet .
In the meantime....enjoy, relax, be happy. I think it will be a wonderful, safe, peaceful journey.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Probably best to get the bus the next day. No point been uptight before you start. Just enjoy the experience. Lots of new people to meet along the way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back