A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Booking an alberge in Oviedo?

MKalcolm M

Solvitur ambulando - It is solved by walking
Camino(s) past & future
north route spring 2013
Can anyone suggest an alberge in Oviedo that I can make advance reservations at? My daughter and I fly into town, arriving at the airport at 6.00pm, on Easter Monday, where it may be difficult to find a bed, so I am trying to book in advance. I have emailed both alberges on Gronze, but so far neither has replied. Many thanks.

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Can anyone suggest an alberge in Oviedo that I can make advance reservations at? My daughter and I fly into town, arriving at the airport at 6.00pm, on Easter Monday, where it may be difficult to find a bed, so I am trying to book in advance. I have emailed both alberges on Gronze, but so far neither has replied. Many thanks.
Wel one does not take reservations and the other one is closed till Semana Santa so most probably will not read their mails immediately.
https://www.gronze.com/asturias/oviedo
But as you can see on the list there are some very decent priced hostals/pensions in Oviedo.

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
The Beloved and I have spent happy nights at https://www.gronze.com/asturias/oviedo/hotel-favila over many years. Others will have other recommendations. Close to the rail station and very pilgrim friendly. Popular with touring jazz bands but thats another story.

https://www.gronze.com/asturias/oviedo/albergue-peregrinos-salvador doesn't take bookings but does have 50 beds. Those walking for Semana Santa may well have finished their journeys on the Salvador or be well along the Primitivo by the Monday. Finding a bed in Oviedo will not be too much of a challenge. Although it is still a public holiday in some parts of Spain that does not apply in Asturias and many will be heading home.

Arn

Staff member
Sabs is on target as usual. Hit that site and view those showing “booking”. As you mentioned Easter is prime.
Buen Camino
Arn

Davie Blisters

Camino(s) past & future
It is eternity now, it always has been and it always will be. We are in the midst of it.
Not an Albergue, but after completing the San Salvador I stayed at Hostal Los Arcos in June. By no means a 5 star, but clean, comfortable and secure. Its on Gronze at 30 Euros. Very central, 5 mins from Cathedral and 20 mins walk to Rail & Coach Station.
Tell 'em Davie sent you :)

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
John MLT The Camino Primitivo 11
MKalcolm M The Camino Primitivo 9

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 203 23.9%