• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Booking Hotels / Pensiones in July

Torquay

Hello.
My mum and I are walking from Astorga to Santiago de Compostela from 11 July to 23 July. I realise this must be super peak season because the fiesta de Santiago de Compostela is the 25th. We want to stay at pensiones or 1 or 2 star hotels rather than albergues. We will definitely book in Santiago but what about the other little towns? Should I book ahead? Will there be difficulty getting a room on the day?

I would love to take each day as it comes but not if we arrive foot sore and weary to become stressed out about finding a place to stay.

Thanks

Jacq

p.s. Sorry if this has been discussed before. I have searched but can't find anything.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Jaque,

I have been booking a few groups in the last few weeks, and as of today, it seems like there are still rooms to be booked. That said, in September I have run into a few dates that has been fully booked in certain places, and were I have clients on a waiting list.

As for showing up "the day of", I am not sure. If you would like to be safe and need help booking some places, let me know over here.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum