• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Brierley Stages

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you so much, that's just what I was looking for
It's a good guide to have if you decide on buying one (you can get a 2015 version here for about 10 euros).
Yeah, a lot of people do follow the stages in the book, but it's easy enough to deviate from them. I've never followed the stages in the book. I just use it to see where I'm going and for the information on the towns. Also I'm a bit old school. Gotta have a book, ha ha, but you could actually just print out those two photos and walk the CF with no problems.

No. They are a bit different. As a practical matter, yours are likely to be different than either of them.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Ooh, I like that Forewalk site. If I take their "easy" route I can arrive in Santiago on my birthday!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We had Bierley, but used it as a guide, not a procedure Sometimes we stopped at the end of an official stage, other times not. We didn't plan to avoid the ends of the stages or to shoot for them for the end of the day - it was just however it worked out.

Another option but probably too heavy to carry it offers great insight into the Camino and all its components including route maps in stages and what you will see during each stage.

"The Pilgrims Road to Santiago" Millán Bravo Lozano.

Original in Spanish but I found it in English on Amazon. IMHO the best guide to the Camino available. Brierly is good also but fewer details and background.

Cheers

The Pilgrim's Road to Santiago was the first camino guidebook I ever read and almost memorized. Unfortunately Bravo Lozano died in 1997. Later in 2003 a group of admirers erected a memorial to him along the CF. See more here regarding his memorial.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you so much to everyone who replied, I was only after the Brierley stages as I have heard that the Alberques at the end of each "Brierley stage" can get a bit crowded. I've already bought a kindle version of a guide book but it doesn't have stages so was planning on bookmarking the places where the Brierley stages end so if possible I can avoid them.

This is the one I went for it looks quite interesting
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005AHUXLO/?tag=casaivar-21

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum