• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos Credential - Early Morning!

elzi

Hello Fellow Pilgrims!

Despite all my best intentions of quitting and managing an incredible three years without a camino! I appear to be in possession of a one way ticket to Spain leaving Wednesday. How this happened I have no clue...

Am taking the overnight coach from Santiago to Burgos arriving approx 6.15am. I'll be pretty tired but I'd like to just start walking. Is there somewhere to get a Credential in Burgos? I'm guessing the big main albergue is the best bet but will they let me in at 6.30am and sell me a credential?

The alternatives are:
If I can find my 2009 credential Pamplona->Burgos can I use that? Do I need to get it stamped in Burgos before setting off anyway, do 2009 credentials still work?
Can I get a credential in Santiago the day before I get on the coach to Burgos?

Cheers for any help! I find myself decidedly nervous... it's been a while...hope I can still walk!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm sure you can use the same credencial.
Don't forget it is still dark at 06.30, stopping for breakfast and then wondering slowly across town should get you to the Albergue by 07.30. When I was there the hospitalero was there well before 08.00, to see everyone off the premises, you should be able to get a sello there. Should you really be in a desparate rush you may have to do without a Burgos sello and just get one at the first opportunity.
Starting without breakfast, after a long bus ride, is probably not a good idea :) You won't find anything open, outside Burgos, for several hours, don't kill yourself the first day :(

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Cheers All! Excited and nervous now!

Am not much of a breakfast person to be honest, prefer to walk up an appetite. I have found my old credential though so if if all fails I can use that.

Will let you know what happens :)

sulu said:
I'm sure you can use the same credencial.
Don't forget it is still dark at 06.30, ...... Should you really be in a desparate rush you may have to do without a Burgos sello and just get one at the first opportunity.
Starting without breakfast, after a long bus ride, is probably not a good idea :) You won't find anything open, outside Burgos, for several hours, don't kill yourself the first day :(

I just assumed my camino "passport" was good till full...

What I still cannot understand tho is how you can just hit the ground running.
I ended up staying 2 weeks in SJPP some 5 years ago, waiting for the storms to abate,and it was one of my best parts of my camino. When I finally got up one morning and said this is the day, I was familiar with the land, and felt rested and in the proper frame of mind to begin the walking part.

elzi said:
Hello Fellow Pilgrims!

Despite all my best intentions of quitting and managing an incredible three years without a camino! I appear to be in possession of a one way ticket to Spain leaving Wednesday. How this happened I have no clue...

Hi Elzi

Good Luck and Buen Camino!

Hope I can make three years!!!

Mike

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
magdelanye said:
I ended up staying 2 weeks in SJPP some 5 years ago, waiting for the storms to abate,and it was one of my best parts of my camino. When I finally got up one morning and said this is the day, I was familiar with the land, and felt rested and in the proper frame of mind to begin the walking part.

2 weeks? That must´ve been quite some weather! Um, I find the opposite, once I´m within reach of the camino I´m itching to get going! The day I spent in Santiago was torture watching all the other pilgrims coming in jealously!!

As an update, I got a credential in the pilgrim´s office in Santiago just in case, but actually am using my old one. Just set out from Burgos straight off the very uncomfortable night bus, breakfasted in Tarjados after a 10km warm up to it!! Had a nice but officious hospitalera in Hornillos look at my old credential very closely though, pointed out that my passport number (on the credential) was incorrect as I´ve got a new passport since then!!

At Castrojeriz! Ultreia!!

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.