• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bus from Pontevedra to Porto Airport (OPO)

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi all,
I have a friend on the Portugues who will be in Pontevedra on June 10 and needs to be at the Porto airport between 1400 and 1500 that same day.
According to Rome2Rio there are supposed to be three buses that day, but I can’t find this route on the ALSA schedule. Does anyone know any more about this than I do? He’s in a hostal with limited internet and his two daughters. I just can’t find that schedule. I’ve suggested he ask for help from the hospitalera/o, but I’m not sure he’s in an albergue or a private hostal.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.
I’ll keep working from my end, but suggestions are welcome.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Try flixbus.com. I found three choices there that go to the airport. It's actually a monbus, but you book tickets on the flixbus website.....I got from Santiago to Porto last month this way, the bus stopped in Pontevedra.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Best of luck. When in doubt, go with the information on the Alsa or Flixbus website. I found Rome to Rio and Google maps to both be inaccurate. Which led to some interesting travel problems.

Here is what he did:

“Pontevedra to Vigo to OPO (where we can get Covid rapid test and hotel is across the street). $43 total for 3 tickets. 3hr drive time.
I used the fixbus Link the first person mentioned in the forum.”

Thanks all! The triangulation worked.

All the best,
Paul

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum