• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bus to Burgos

Portia1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, 2019
I am limited in my time and want to take a bus into Burgos. Does anyone know where the last place is I could catch one and where to find a schedule? For example, is there a bus from San Juan Ortego to Burgos? I really would like to walk this section leading to San Juan Ortega. The only bus I could find was from Belorado to Burgos at 12, 14 and 18. The the next was Villafria at the outskirts of Burgos. Thanks for your help!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There's a local bus schedule you can pick up in Santo Domingo at the Tourist Information office. There is a local bus that goes to & from Burgos from there to towns along the Camino at that point. I believe the last stop before San Juan de Ortega is Villafranca Montes de Oca, a days' walk from Belorado. I don't think there is a bus from San Juan to Burgos however.

Kelly

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You can always call a taxi to take you from San Juan de Ortega to Burgos (if you really want to walk there), if you have some money, it´s pretty short stage. You can even find other pilgrims to join you. I know people who did it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum