• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to cross Burgos

Loukas

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino francès
which is the bus to take to cross the town of Burgos and find yourself on the camino francès to the other side of Burgos?
what are the stops where to take the bus in Burgos and where to get off to find the camino francès
Thanks for the informations

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
We once caught a bus just past the airport in Castañares that took us to the edge of the historical district. It was an easy walk then to the center of Burgos and out the other side. If you haven’t visited Burgos, even if you don’t want to spend the night, I’d highly recommend at least a quick visit to the cathedral. It’s well worth it!

If you download the app Mapy.cz, you’ll see the exact route of the CF in and out of Burgos (it’s the blue line). I’ve found this app particularly useful in navigating in and through cities.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We once caught a bus just past the airport in Castañares that took us to the edge of the historical district. It was an easy walk then to the center of Burgos and out the other side. If you haven’t visited Burgos, even if you don’t want to spend the night, I’d highly recommend at least a quick visit to the cathedral. It’s well worth it!

If you download the app Mapy.cz, you’ll see the exact route of the CF in and out of Burgos (it’s the blue line). I’ve found this app particularly useful in navigating in and through cities.
Thanks

It will probably be quicker to walk, and more pleasant via the “river” route. Otherwise you can catch a bus into the centre of Burgos from Villafria and a bus from the bus station out to Villalbilla de Burgos. Rome2rio should sort out service providers and timetables.
Thanks

I love Mapy.cz! I use it for all of my travels.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you have to skip it, so be it, but Burgos is a beautiful city--especially city center with the cathedral, a nice hotel, and other old picturesque buildings. We were lucky enough to be there when a couple of weddings were going on and after the ceremonies, the wedding parties were gathering by the river for their photos.

The river walk is described in the forum's Resources section. Go here and download the PDF. @linkster reposted it but I think it was originally submitted by someone else.

As for the bus, I wrote something here:

The post has a picture so I'm redirecting you rather than resubmitting the picture.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You want the Bus route 8
You can have your coffee or whatever while seated outside the cafeteria. The pole Jeff pointed out is the bus stop. You can see the #8 going down across the street. It will turn around shortly so finish your coffee before you see the bus approach that stop.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I have to cut short my walk today to do some business so I’m going to take the train from Soto de Luiña to Novellana. It is a small town there’s no one here besides me and I don’t know...
hi all! I am heading to camino de santiago in august (doing the last 100k) and after 4 days of walking i'd love to end my trip to spain relaxing on a beach. My question is, which beach is the...
Hello. We are 2 people (first timers) who are hoping to begin our Camino from Sarria on Satruday 15th June. However I have been told that if you use the postal service to transfer bags from A to...
Hi Friends! Lauren here :) We are having a blast on our Camino, just reached Baiona yesterday. I need help. I’ve tried countless times to book the train from Vigo to Lisbon on June 24th and...
We will be getting a taxi at about 10:30 this Thursday (13th June) from Pamplona to St Jean if anyone wants to share?
Hi all, I'm walking a section of the Northern Route next month and I am finalising my stages currently. I have not given myself enough time to get to Bilbao given the days I have and I am booked...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.