• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to Finisterre

tpalmercurl

Time of past OR future Camino
We will be walking into Santiago in early May and unfortunately do not have time to continue walking to Finisterre. So we plan to do a day trip. Reading past threads, I'm convinced that a bus trip (as opposed to booking a guided tour) is the way to go. But I didn't find any threads on this topic more recent than 2017. My questions are 1) if there are still plenty of buses to/from Santiago every day, and 2) if we should book ahead of time or just buy tickets once we are in Santiago. Thanks.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
You can check out monbus.es webpage to see the schedule for public transport. Went to Finisterre (but via guided tour) two weeks ago and saw their buses.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We will be walking into Santiago in early May and unfortunately do not have time to continue walking to Finisterre. So we plan to do a day trip. Reading past threads, I'm convinced that a bus trip (as opposed to booking a guided tour) is the way to go. But I didn't find any threads on this topic more recent than 2017. My questions are 1) if there are still plenty of buses to/from Santiago every day, and 2) if we should book ahead of time or just buy tickets once we are in Santiago. Thanks.
I went on the local bus (the one that pulls into each little cove - delightful!) one year. The next, I took a tour bus for about the same price. I was extremely happy to do the tour. The guide was excellent and I got to see so many fascinating places that I would not otherwise have even known existed. Tour Galicia is the company I used. They left around 9 am and returned around 7 pm ending with a visit to a liqueur producer for tasty samples (that was a surprise as it was not listed on the prospectus). They can reserve for you at your accommodation. The only minus for me was that when I did go on the local bus, I was able to walk from the village of Finistere to the last kilometre at the lighthouse (about 3 km, I think). Buen Camino. ps. I had the best seafood in Finistere!

I walked myself - but in July 2021 I hiked with a lot of people who went by bus - many of whom did it as a day trip. Someone else posted the link to the website. It is very easy to do, and quite doable as a day trip. When I took the bus back to Santiago - I bought my ticket on the bus. Don't know if tickets are available in advance or not... I didn't look myself. I believe all of my Camino friends also bought tickets on the bus.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Took the Monbus from Fisterra to Santiago a couple of days ago. Booked the ticket online the night before. Just as well - the bus next morning was fully booked and people were being turned away

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back