A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Bus Transportation to Muxia and back & Where to Stay

Bossman

Camino(s) past & future
Sept 2018
Plan on being in Santiago in late September and spending a few days in Muxia before flying home. I understand there are two buses daily to Muxia and checking where I should be catching the bus to Muxia and where is the best place to catch the bus to the airport for an early flight departure. Also can anyone recommend accommodations in Muxia and Santiago...looking for a single room in both locations. Thanks.

Camino(s) past & future
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
I stayed in Muxia some years ago at a small hotel called Bela Muxia, very central, nice rooms, good food in the restaurante. They also have an albergue. See on booking.com that the price is 45 euro.
If you want a hotel in Santiago I could recommend Gelmirez, near airportbus, near Renfe. Rua Horreo, not far to walk to the old town.

Bus to Muxia is from Estacion Autobus.

Camino(s) past & future
None to this point
Your plan to spend a few days in Muxía sounds great. I just finished my walk there, and time only allowed me to spend one night. Though not a lot seems to go on there, it was a great place for me to give some closure to my walk on the Portugues, and I would have happily spent more time there if I could have.

I also stayed in a private room at the Bêla Muxía, and absolutely loved it. Looks like they’ve also set up their albergue very nicely.

owms2323

Credential question
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances (2014) Camino Frances (2016) Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2017)
Plan on being in Santiago in late September and spending a few days in Muxia before flying home. I understand there are two buses daily to Muxia and checking where I should be catching the bus to Muxia and where is the best place to catch the bus to the airport for an early flight departure. Also can anyone recommend accommodations in Muxia and Santiago...looking for a single room in both locations. Thanks.
Loves San Martin Pinario in Santiago and Bela Muxia in Muxia. You can get private rooms in both places

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%