• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Busy time on all the Caminos in 2009, 2010?

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
The Catholic World Youth Day (WYD) has just ended in Sydney, Australia. I was absolutely amazed at the huge crowds and large number of international pilgrims - at least on TV.

The 2009 WYD will be in Madrid, so I guess that all the caminos will be vey busy around that time (I don't know the exact date).

And 2010 is the next holy year for Santiago. More crowds!

Looks like both years will be busier than normal.

Regards

Bob M

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Bob - WYD in Madrid will be in 2011 from Aug 15-21

Hi Sil - Is the next WYD in 2011? Not 2009?
That would mean I have 2009 "free" to avoid crowds

Bob M

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum