• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

butcher along the camino frances

givney42

I'm planning my journey to begin in Sept-Oct. 2010. I am walking with my service dog. While finding food for myself is fairly easy, finding it for my dog may be different. My dog eats a raw diet so as long as I can find a butcher shops or meat markets along the way, things will be fine.

So for those who have traveled the camino, are there butcher's in some of the smaller towns along the way. I am bringing my tent's rainfly and footprint to camp in along the trail.

Thank you to all.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Lots of the smaller villages don't have a shop of any sort, never mind a butchers.
Are you sure it's a good idea to bring a dog on the Camino? Most of the discussions on this subject end up firmly against taking one.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A sheep farmer I knew never fed his dogs meat - they got that biscuit stuff, which met all their needs. :arrow:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Look out for the travelling white butcher van in many small places in Spain. Also the bread van and the fruit and vegetable van. The arrive around the same time every day or week and hoot. The locals all come out to shop. I loved buying fresh fruit and bread from them.

Ah yes - and the fish van!

I remember a couple of days when the same van passed me at almost hourly intervals. Great when it was the bread van, not so good when it was selling industrial size gas tanks,

Andy

Most read last week in this forum