• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino 2017 April May

Anna1987

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to go Camino April / May 2017
Dears,

Has some of you already planned your Camino for April / May 2017? I would be happy to meet someone who also plans the same. I am 29 and for me it does not matter the age or gender. I plan to go not full Camino as my work does not let me go for so long, but start about 22 of April or earlier (it is quite flexible) and spend about 2 weeks or longer. If some of you has really the same plan please let me know! For now I plan to go alone.

Anna

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Which route? I assume the Frances since you don't specify.

It would be also helpful to know where you, roughly, live, especially if you want to meet up in person ;-) Buen Camino, SY

A selection of Camino Jewellery
thank you for any answer. I plan (I wish) to go from Portugal, I am from Poland, 29 years. Frances is long - unfortunately, I am working and cant afford so long holiday - I would not be able to walk any full Camino to be honest. Anyway now I am just planning so I am flexible about start date / type of Camino. For me the most important is nice company - normal nice people.

thank you for any answer. I plan (I wish) to go from Portugal, I am from Poland, 29 years. Frances is long - unfortunately, I am working and cant afford so long holiday - I would not be able to walk any full Camino to be honest. Anyway now I am just planning so I am flexible about start date / type of Camino. For me the most important is nice company - normal nice people.

Please believe me, there is nothing like a 'full Camino', unless you start from home AND walk back home all starting points are compromises anyway. Multiply the number of kilometres by the number of available walking days and you have your personal starting point - no matter which Camino you choose. Buen Camino, SY

I am planning my trip for that time frame, also. I don't want to be gone so long from home right now, so I am leaning towards doing the Ingles and then walking on to Finesterre/Muxia. I will be taking maybe 3 weeks, so I will also have time on both ends for seeing other places. I love Barcelona!!

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
I plan to start walking the Camino Frances from SJPdP on 31st March 2017 hoping to finish in Santiago end of April. Should you decide to do that part of the Camino and wish to meet please feel free to message me.

I've walked on the Camino four times: twice starting from Sarria, once from Tui (Portughese) and once from Ferrol (Ingles). All wonderful journeys and very difficult to compare. :)

Last edited:
Looks like we set out on the same day. Joseph my two sons and I fly in to Biarritz on Thursday 30 March 2017. If we are lucky with trains we might just get the last train to SJPDP at 18.05 but we only land at 17.05 so could be pushing it to disembark, collect one checked in large rucksack and get a taxi to Bayonne station. That's what we will TRY to achieve! 'May have to stay over in Bayonne if flight is late. Would be interested in meeting up, particular for the first slogs! Cheers Martin

Looks like we set out on the same day. Joseph my two sons and I fly in to Biarritz on Thursday 30 March 2017. If we are lucky with trains we might just get the last train to SJPDP at 18.05 but we only land at 17.05 so could be pushing it to disembark, collect one checked in large rucksack and get a taxi to Bayonne station. That's what we will TRY to achieve! 'May have to stay over in Bayonne if flight is late. Would be interested in meeting up, particular for the first slogs! Cheers Martin

Hi Martin :) That would be nice if we could meet up, however I'll be travelling to SJPdP via Madrid and then train/bus to Pamplona. Please feel free to contact me :)

My daughter (at that time she was 13 and 14 years old) have walked twice together on the Camino. It's an incredible experience and great bonding time. Wishing you a Buen Camino together :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Gay, I’m new to the forum as I’m walking my first Camino, the Camino Ingles beginning the 20th of June 2024 and wondering if there are any AA meetings along that route
Hi walking the Norte starting in late August. Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has/is starting in August.
Hi, I’m new to the group as I’m finally hiking my first El Camino this month, El Camino Ingles, beginning June 21, 2024
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back