• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino around May 20, 2007

AussieAngel

Hi Fellow Pilgrims,

I am hoping to do the Camino in late May 2007 and would appreciate any advice from the experts on this site. I am planning on going it alone. It seems to be a past life thing that I need to sort out. I am definately not regilious but am very spiritual. I just won $1000 worth of sport gear when I bought some soap from a chemist so I have taken it as a sign to go. I am an Aussie but I will be travelling from Manchester UK over there.

Love and blessings,

AussieAngel

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm from Melbourne and have just completed the via de la plata, in may and loved it-I put a "recommending the vdlp" post so you might want to consider that route.Good luck!

AussieAngel said:
Hi Fellow Pilgrims,

I am hoping to do the Camino in late May 2007 and would appreciate any advice from the experts on this site. I am planning on going it alone. It seems to be a past life thing that I need to sort out. I am definately not regilious but am very spiritual. I just won $1000 worth of sport gear when I bought some soap from a chemist so I have taken it as a sign to go. I am an Aussie but I will be travelling from Manchester UK over there.

Love and blessings,

AussieAngel

Very interesting. I too am planning to do the Camino (by bike) next year sometime in the spring. I am an open-minded Catholic, I believe more in the goodness of the person as a reflection of his religion or beliefs. More power to you especially since you're answering a call from within.

Love all.

Ramon

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi,

I would say there are three main things I have cumulated from my Caminos:

- Allow yourself enough time! The stress of having a very tight schedule can make the whole experience unpleasant. With time to spare, you can take a day off in interresting places or recover from an illness, aching joints, blisters etc. without feeling the burden of having to make up the lost time.

- Travel light! This is a must, as every extra pound makes a difference along the long walk. There are some good tips to be found in this forum and others alike.

- Be patient! Along the way there will inevitably be days, when walking feels hard and the goal far away. With patience, flexibility and openminded spirits most of the troubled moments wil pass.

Have a great Camiño!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back