• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de la Plata 2021

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Are you starting from Seville? It's extremely hot down there in August. I hope you're prepared for that.
What are your thoughts about starting in Salamanca at the end of September? Still too hot? I have your guidebook and will opt for the Sanabres route. (I'm still in the dreaming phase but if travel guidelines from Canada and return to get easier then it'll be a go!)

For me the Via de la Plata and Sanabrés was perfect as an early spring walk - I started in April in Seville and walked with the warmth towards the north.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
For me the Via de la Plata and Sanabrés was perfect as an early spring walk - I started in April in Seville and walked with the warmth towards the north.
Due to other travel plans already made for April/May of next year, that won't be possible and I'm hoping I don't have to wait until 2023🙂 so I'm keeping fingers crossed for a late September or early October start.

What are your thoughts about starting in Salamanca at the end of September? Still too hot? I have your guidebook and will opt for the Sanabres route. (I'm still in the dreaming phase but if travel guidelines from Canada and return to get easier then it'll be a go!)
The weather around Salamanca is similar to what you'd get on the meseta section of the Camino Francés.

I started from Salamanca middle September in 2017 and the weather was perfect. not too hot and the only day I had to dig out my raincoat was the last morning from Ponte Ulla.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Right, in June 2017 heat was peaking between Zafra-Merida, as much as 46 in the shadow. No rain in daytime, just several thunderstorms at night. Water consumption over 6l per day and half of that poured over overheated head and chest, since mucho calor and no sombre on those stretches indeed. Most importantly one needs to take also some electrolyte supplements then.
However on the morning I left Salamanca it was about +7C only and in general the second part of VdLP was not really hot.
August 2015 walking Sanabres was rather warm, including typical Galician mist.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Are you starting from Seville? It's extremely hot down there in August. I hope you're prepared for that.
Yes, I will start from Seville. Somehow, I enjoy extreme heat, specially walking. My son and I used to take long walks during hot summer in Florida to build stamina. This walk with my son's ashes, hope, will bring closure.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.