• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid

Time of past OR future Camino
Podiensis, Portugues, Primitivo, 6 others
Hi. Two of us, experienced pilgrims who are now doing annual "Camino Combos," are starting in Loiola Sept 15, walking to Logrono, then taking the overnight train to Madrid, starting the Camino de Madrid Sept 23. We are familiar with the Camino Ignaciano, having walked that in 2016. It remains our absolute favorite. But we have no walked the Madrid Camino. We know it will be hot, but we are hoping late September will be bearable. We know that the infrastructure is lacking in places, with only a handful of albergues along the way. We welcome any advice, especially where to stay. Muchas gracias.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think you will be surprised at the quality and number of albergues. There are lots. There are lots of threads here on the forum with different stages, and Gronze.com has a great Madrid section. https://www.gronze.com/camino-santiago-madrid

If you haven’t seen the Camino de Madrid sub-forum, it’s a great place to start for planning. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-de-madrid.45/

There are lots of CdM alumni here who had a great walk and are happy to answer your questions. Buen camino, Laurie

I found lodging all along the Camino Madrid.
No problem except in the first stage or two where I had to book a hotel.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Anthony, as the others have said, there's plenty of accommodation on the Camino Madrid. You'll find all the information you need on Gronze on on the Ray y Rosa site.

I walked the Camino de Madrid in May and really liked not having to book accommodation in advance. It's a great walk with very friendly people in the smaller towns and villages.

Happy planning and Buen Camino!

How wou
I think you will be surprised at the quality and number of albergues. There are lots. There are lots of threads here on the forum with different stages, and Gronze.com has a great Madrid section. https://www.gronze.com/camino-santiago-madrid

If you haven’t seen the Camino de Madrid sub-forum, it’s a great place to start for planning. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-de-madrid.45/

There are lots of CdM alumni here who had a great walk and are happy to answer your questions. Buen camino, Laurie
Hi Laurie - you have walked most of the Caminos - where would the Camino de Madrid be in the list of your favourite Caminos? I am trying to decide which route to walk next. I have walked the Primitivo 2 consecutive years and I am quite addicted to it, but must try something new!

How wou

Hi Laurie - you have walked most of the Caminos - where would the Camino de Madrid be in the list of your favourite Caminos? I am trying to decide which route to walk next. I have walked the Primitivo 2 consecutive years and I am quite addicted to it, but must try something new!
Well I think a Madrid/Invierno combo (walking Sahagun to Ponferrada on the Francés) would be a great camino.

As someone who never met a camino she didn’t like😄, it’s hard to rank. The Madrid’s two main advantages are, IMO, a great albergue system and virtually no road walking. The terrain is a lot of wide open spaces and ag fields. Segovia is a gem, some of the little places are quite nice, like Medina Del Rioseco, Villalon de Campos. A detour to Valladolid was a surprise to me. No spectacular mountain walking but the crossing of Navacerrada mountains to get to Segovia was very nice.

But if I had to choose between Madrid and Invierno I would probably go to the Invierno.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well I think a Madrid/Invierno combo (walking Sahagun to Ponferrada on the Francés) would be a great camino.

As someone who never met a camino she didn’t like😄, it’s hard to rank. The Madrid’s two main advantages are, IMO, a great albergue system and virtually no road walking. The terrain is a lot of wide open spaces and ag fields. Segovia is a gem, some of the little places are quite nice, like Medina Del Rioseco, Villalon de Campos. A detour to Valladolid was a surprise to me. No spectacular mountain walking but the crossing of Navacerrada mountains to get to Segovia was very nice.

But if I had to choose between Madrid and Invierno I would probably go to the Invierno.
Ahem, I think @jennysa wanted to know what would you suggest if the choices were Madrid and Primitivo ;)

Just to add my two cents Madrid and Invierno you just can't compare. And although I didn't walk Primitivo but had read a lot about it it's the same not possible comparison to Madrid.

Ahem, I think @jennysa wanted to know what would you suggest if the choices were Madrid and Primitivo ;)

Just to add my two cents Madrid and Invierno you just can't compare. And although I didn't walk Primitivo but had read a lot about it it's the same not possible comparison to Madrid.
Laurie has given me something new to consider - the Invierno. I have to break my addiction to the Primitivo😊

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.