Ruta de la Plata (2013)
Aragonese (2014)
Portoghese (2015)
Sanabrese (2013)
Mozarabe (2016)
Francigena (2015)
Rota Vicentina (2016)
Hallo
I'm starting a new thread here because that's the closest I can get to my planned camino.
Camino del Estrecho starts in Algeciras near Gibraltar and goes to Puerto Real near Cadiz. From there Via Augusta Starts to Sevilla.
Instead I will walk trough Donana Natural Park to Huelva and from there to Zafra (on the VDLP).
The latter is called "Camino Sur de Huelva".
After Zafra I will return home.
Of course not many pilgrims in that area, but they say that Donana Nat Park is a safe heaven for many species. So I'm looking forward to see a lot of wild life.

Buen Camino

Brandy

Advertisment

omicko

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances,
May 1999 and others.
Hallo
I'm starting a new thread here because that's the closest I can get to my planned camino.
Camino del Estrecho starts in Algeciras near Gibraltar and goes to Puerto Real near Cadiz. From there Via Augusta Starts to Sevilla.
Instead I will walk trough Donana Natural Park to Huelva and from there to Zafra (on the VDLP).
The latter is called "Camino Sur de Huelva".
After Zafra I will return home.
Of course not many pilgrims in that area, but they say that Donana Nat Park is a safe heaven for many species. So I'm looking forward to see a lot of wild life.

Buen Camino

Brandy
Hola Brandy, do you have a permitted route for hiking through the Donana Natural Park?Cheers, Mick.

Brandy

Camino(s) past & future
Francese (2012)
Ruta de la Plata (2013)
Aragonese (2014)
Portoghese (2015)
Sanabrese (2013)
Mozarabe (2016)
Francigena (2015)
Rota Vicentina (2016)
I will follow your steps shortly after, starting in Algéciras on the 8th of May.
Wish you a pleasant walk.
Dear Canuck
I'm starting the 8th as well. I will land in Malaga the day before.
Maybe will met on the camino:
Buen camino.
Brandy

Brandy

Camino(s) past & future
Francese (2012)
Ruta de la Plata (2013)
Aragonese (2014)
Portoghese (2015)
Sanabrese (2013)
Mozarabe (2016)
Francigena (2015)
Rota Vicentina (2016)
Hola Brandy, do you have a permitted route for hiking through the Donana Natural Park?Cheers, Mick.
Hallo Omicko, I don't have yet.
I will try to get one, if it doesn't work I will stay on the path on the coast line between Sanlucar and Matalascanas.
Any suggestion on how to get permission or on how to make it to Huelva ?
Thanks
Buen Camino
Brandy

Advertisment

Canuck

Veteran Member
I will try to get one, if it doesn't work I will stay on the path on the coast line between Sanlucar and Matalascanas.
Thanks
Buen Camino
Brandy
Hi! Brandy,
Concerning your start date, you indicate in the subject title that you are going in March. I will be there in May. I doubt that we'll meet. Would've been nice...
Whether you make it through the park or reach Matalascanas along the coast, you should'nt miss a visit to the very special village of El Rocio. A short detour for a big surprise, guaranteed!!
https://tammytourguide.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/el-rocio-spains-strangest-town-andalucias-wild-west/
Have a good one,
Cheers,
Jean-Marc

omicko

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances,
May 1999 and others.
Thanks
Buen Camino
Brandy
Hi! Brandy,
Concerning your start date, you indicate in the subject title that you are going in March. I will be there in May. I doubt that we'll meet. Would've been nice...
Whether you make it through the park or reach Matalascanas along the coast, you should'nt miss a visit to the very special village of El Rocio. A short detour for a big surprise, guaranteed!!
https://tammytourguide.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/el-rocio-spains-strangest-town-andalucias-wild-west/
Have a good one,
Cheers,
Jean-Marc
Thanks
Buen Camino
Brandy
Well Brandy, in 2013 I couldn't find any definitive information about whether it was possible to pass through the Donana National Park. My gut feeling was that it was illegal.So in December 2013 I hired a car and went to Sanlucar de Barrameda. The tourist office there couldn't give me a definitive answer. I thought if I take the ferry to the park I might find some information and also visit Rocio. Because it was winter there was only one ferry a day that went to the park. I tried but the boat was full. I didn't want to walk around Donana National Park to Huelva so in April 2014 I started in Tarifa to Cadiz then to Seville.Regards Mick.

Brandy

Camino(s) past & future
Francese (2012)
Ruta de la Plata (2013)
Aragonese (2014)
Portoghese (2015)
Sanabrese (2013)
Mozarabe (2016)
Francigena (2015)
Rota Vicentina (2016)
Hi! Brandy,
Have a good one,
Cheers,
Jean-Marc
Hy Jean-Marc
You are right, I misunderstood your post.
Sorry.
Brandy

amancio

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Lebaniego-Vadiniense, Invierno (2018)
Thanks
Buen Camino
Brandy
You can forget about crossing Doñana National Park on foot, it is illegal, only some fraternities are allowed to cross from Sanlucar to El Rocio in May, for a couple of days. The only alternative would be the walk along the coast, where you have nothing in terms of shade, fresh water, probably not even mobile reception, for 31 km. However, 31 km on soft sand and on a hot day can easily turn into hell.

In any case, I wish you a Buen Camino, I hope I will be doing the Huelva stretch to Zafra one of these years...

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
ANTON50 Via Augusta 3

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • April

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • May

Votes: 57 23.2%
  • June