• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Madrid directly from the airport?

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
I'm considering walking part of a Camino later this year and like what I've read about the CdM and the solitude and good infrastructure. I don't have much time off available so want to start walking straight away. My question is this...

I believe if I were to take the metro from Barajas airport to Nuevos Ministerios and walk north from there I'd be able to pick up the CdM just after the leaning towers. Has anyone done this?

I'd get my credential in advance so could hit the ground walking, as it were.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you are arriving in T4 and get the Cercanias to Chamartin, you will be closer than from Nuevos Ministerios. From the train station to the first arrow outside the Rodilla store is not much more than a km. Buen camino, Laurie

P.s. If you look at Jpflavin's posts, you'll see that's what he did, he is currently on the Madrid.

Thanks Laurie.

Nothing is booked yet (don't even know when it'll be). If I fly with Ryanair it'll be T1 but it's easy enough to get the bus round to T4.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Laurie.

Nothing is booked yet (don't even know when it'll be). If I fly with Ryanair it'll be T1 but it's easy enough to get the bus round to T4.

Well, then that might not save you much time, I would defer to the travel mavens to tell us which would be quicker. Because the Cercanias only runs twice an hour, 28 and 58 after each hour, so it could really add a lot of time with the bus in addition.

I'm considering walking part of a Camino later this year and like what I've read about the CdM and the solitude and good infrastructure. I don't have much time off available so want to start walking straight away. My question is this...

I believe if I were to take the metro from Barajas airport to Nuevos Ministerios and walk north from there I'd be able to pick up the CdM just after the leaning towers. Has anyone done this?

I'd get my credential in advance so could hit the ground walking, as it were.

Whallyranger:

Not sure when you are planning to go but here is what I did 5 days ago. I planned on taking the Cercanias train from TC but just missed it so I looked at the Metro schedule. I bought a ticket 4.9€ to Chamartin but got off at Plaza Castilla the stop before. Sounds easy but you have to switch trains at Nuevo Ministerios (sp?) and catch the 10 train from there for about 4 stops. It can be confusing in the underground but you have time to plan if you choose this way. I am sure you can walk from NM also or just catch the Cercanias to Chamartin and walk from there. It is less than a km. The Robadilla shop has good coffee and pastry be you start your walk.

Ultreya,
Joe

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.