• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Finisterre/Muxia - Late November 2017

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear Forum Members,
I am thinking of doing my third Camino. This time it will be a shorter one after having compeleted the Camino Portugues from Lisbon in 2015 and the Camino Frances fro SJPD in 2016.

This time I want to complete the round route from Santaiago Finisterre/Muxia/ Santiago.

Due to the time avaioalable I am hoping to start the last week of Novemeber but I am not sure if it is too late before winter arrives in terms of weather and lenght of days. I expect by that time (in Spain) sunrise is late and sunset early.
Coulde someone give me some information about these issues.

Meanwhile I thank you for your continuous help through the Forum.

Regards,
Ray Aquilina

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Ray, no problem, quite doable. At the end of Nov 2013 I walked: Santiago to Negreira to Olveiroa to Corcubion to Lires (via Finisterre) to Muxia to Olveiroa to Santa Marina to Negreira to Santiago. Had fantastic weather, and no problem finding a bed.
Jill

Hey Raymond! As Already mentioned, this is completely doable... No road blocks!! Last year I arrived in Santiago around dec 21st, and headed to Finister the following day. There was no problems whatsoever apart from the expected lack of choices to sleep: deep in winter, as soon as you enter galicia, you can expect that the Xunta albergues will be always open year round but, from Santiago to Finisterra ( at least that "Christmas week") they were the only ones open (I never had problems to find a place to sleep though).

And still, that was late december... I'm sure that late november you'll be fine! Autumn is a lovey (I'd say almost perfect) season for a Camino .

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Hi Jill,
Thanks a lot for your encouragement. The previous times I did a camino was in May and September. I want to give it a try this time just before winter. I am sure it will be wonderful as most probably I will avoid the usual rush to the albergues which I experienced last year in September.
Kind regards,
Ray