Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Francés June 2020

Mary Doll

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sarria to Santiago (2018)
Camino Francés SJPDP to Finisterre planned for June 2020
EasyJet released their flights for next summer this morning so I’ve finally been able to book my flight to Biarritz for 6 June. I’ve booked Gîte Bidean in St Jean, have sent booking request to Orisson and have booked Roncesvalles. Super excited that I finally have dates confirmed. What a busy morning I’ve had!

doctorherman

Camino(s) past & future
Frances*3, Ingles, Primitivo, Finisterre, Baztan, and Portuguese
I was waiting on the Easyjet schedule too, but unfortunately the only flight on a Sunday is late on and I will get in to Paris at 8.30 am. Looks like I'll take the train and spend the Sunday night in Bayonne before an early train to St Jean on the Monday. Well, I always wanted to check out that St Jean Monday market.

RJWharton

Camino(s) past & future
Planning first
EasyJet released their flights for next summer this morning so I’ve finally been able to book my flight to Biarritz for 6 June. I’ve booked Gîte Bidean in St Jean, have sent booking request to Orisson and have booked Roncesvalles. Super excited that I finally have dates confirmed. What a busy morning I’ve had!
I will be walking a couple of weeks ahead of you but thought I would be way too early to start booking yet. I'd better get cracking! I'd be interested in your (or anyone else's views) on stopping at Orisson. I have a straight five weeks to do the Camino Frances (with two days either side for travelling) and I had wondered whether to use one of my 'spare days' on stopping at Orrison or just to push on to Roncesvalles.....

Mary Doll

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sarria to Santiago (2018)
Camino Francés SJPDP to Finisterre planned for June 2020
will be walking a couple of weeks ahead of you but thought I would be way too early to start booking yet. I'd better get cracking! I'd be interested in your (or anyone else's views) on stopping at Orisson. I have a straight five weeks to do the Camino Frances (with two days either side for travelling) and I had wondered whether to use one of my 'spare days' on stopping at Orrison or just to push on to Roncesvalles.....
Hi RJ
I’ve decided to stop at Orisson to give myself an easier start. I will be in the fortunate position of having taken early retirement from work before my Camino and with no other commitments at home can take as long as I want to walk. I really want to be able to take time to enjoy the views. If my circumstances were different I know I could manage to walk to Roncesvalles on the first day. I plan to walk to Santiago and then complete the Finisterre Muxia circuit. It really comes down to what time you have available to walk and fitness level. You could always start with shorter distances and then do some longer stages as your body becomes more accustomed to walking day after day if you have a limited time to complete your Camino.

RJWharton

Camino(s) past & future
Planning first
Hi RJ
I’ve decided to stop at Orisson to give myself an easier start. I will be in the fortunate position of having taken early retirement from work before my Camino and with no other commitments at home can take as long as I want to walk. I really want to be able to take time to enjoy the views. If my circumstances were different I know I could manage to walk to Roncesvalles on the first day. I plan to walk to Santiago and then complete the Finisterre Muxia circuit. It really comes down to what time you have available to walk and fitness level. You could always start with shorter distances and then do some longer stages as your body becomes more accustomed to walking day after day if you have a limited time to complete your Camino.
Thank you so much Mary, that's really helpful advice.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock