• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances June 2018

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just answered a similar question. Turns out I may have been lucky, one and a half days of rain. Once in Leon (we had finished walking) and once walking to Samos - it rained the whole day.
Really cold in Burgos and Leon, really hot everywhere else. Temperature was in the 20's (celcius) when we started - 43 degrees when we walked into Santiago. There was a big thermometer on the other side of the road from where we were staying, it didn't drop until well into the evening, the last few days were very hot in the afternoon.
I remember sitting outside a cafe in Melide about 5.00pm and watching the pilgrims walk in, and some of the new ones (the ones that joined at Sarria) were fried, bright red and actually blistered. Mainly I think because they started later and walked late into the afternoon, (having partied the night before?) therefore catching most of the really hot sun. I chose to walk earlier to avoid the heat of the afternoon.
So if you have fair skin I would advise earlier starts, sunscreen and a hat.
Also from Sarria onwards if you want some sleep, stopping either side of the bigger towns may be quieter. And the villages are cute. I loved Galicia. (I loved all of the Camino, but that part was really pretty, especially the mountains)
Galicia has the most spectacular lighting storms - you can see them coming. I was a bit worried carrying metal walking poles.

Last edited:
I walked through late May , June and early July last year , as well as through the so called ' Lucifer ' heatwave .
An unseasonable and unexpected event that did see temperatures reach extremes for about three weeks , the main topic of conversation with locals was that '' August has come early ''.
Otherwise the weather was remarkably kind , bright clear days, open skies and light winds. A real delight , especially as hundreds of acres of poppies were in bloom at the time and I was able to walk the paths between them, something that brought real joy and an enduring memory . The only real rain I encountered was during the walk to Finistere from Santiago , one day of torrential downpours , another of light showers . Nothing worse than an average day in Melbourne .:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back