• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances May 20th

Dermot Casey

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago to Finisterre 2011, Camino primitivo 2012, Oviedo to Santiago de Compostella 2013, Camino Frances May 2015
Well the time is racing now and it is only one week to go. We arrive in SJPP on 20/5/15 and start walking with the 8 foot wooden cross plus backpack the following morning. All the training is coming to an end ready for the real deal. If anybody is walking out from SJPP on the morning of the 21st come and say hello to my wife and myself. She is struggling to get her pack weight down to 12kg and she weighs 60kg.I have mine at 10kg (10% of my weight) plus the weight of the cross around 11kg so a total of 21kg. I have been drip feeding her with information gleamed from the forum that the pack should be around 10% of your body weight to no avail. So please spare a thought for us as you pass and God willing we will eventually arrive in Roncevalles later that day feeling sore and weary. So excited!! D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If her pack is 12 K , she is taking way too much stuff. She should be carrying 1/2 that much. I can tell you for certain, she is not going to be a happy camper and neither will you as she tries to deal with the weight.:eek:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well the time is racing now and it is only one week to go. We arrive in SJPP on 20/5/15 and start walking with the 8 foot wooden cross plus backpack the following morning. All the training is coming to an end ready for the real deal. If anybody is walking out from SJPP on the morning of the 21st come and say hello to my wife and myself. She is struggling to get her pack weight down to 12kg and she weighs 60kg.I have mine at 10kg (10% of my weight) plus the weight of the cross around 11kg so a total of 21kg. I have been drip feeding her with information gleamed from the forum that the pack should be around 10% of your body weight to no avail. So please spare a thought for us as you pass and God willing we will eventually arrive in Roncevalles later that day feeling sore and weary. So excited!! D
Hi, 12 kg for her pack is to much. I am 1.97 mtr long and my pack is 9 kg. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

I agree, 12kg for a May/June is way too much unless she has a medical condition that requires extra gear! Can you put her packing list up here? We could then all help you to cut the weight down. Buen Camino! SY
For the sake of matrimonial harmony I dare not interfere too much. I have encouraged Jane Anne to look at the forum and at others packing lists but she assures me she is only taking the essentials. I believe the weight is in the electronics e.g. hairdryer, curlers etc (only joking) The weight as I found is in the essentials but in the might need items. But thanks for the offer to review her list!

For the sake of matrimonial harmony I dare not interfere too much. I have encouraged Jane Anne to look at the forum and at others packing lists but she assures me she is only taking the essentials. I believe the weight is in the electronics e.g. hairdryer, curlers etc (only joking) The weight as I found is in the essentials but in the might need items. But thanks for the offer to review her list!
Sorry I meant to say that the weight is in the might need items!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Matrimonial harmony might go down the drain quickly if she struggles under a far too heavy backpack! SY

From experience, I tried to get my wife to drop some weight out of her pack before we left, to no avail :( After a few days on the Camino, though, she finally agreed to take some stuff out of her pack. . . . . and put it into mine :oops: LOL, only carried it to the next town, and then posted it forward to Ivar (Thank you so much for that service, Ivar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Good luck and Buen Camino!!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.