• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances - May 29, 2018

Time of past OR future Camino
I have walked from SJPP to Burgos in 2017
Will begin Burgos to Compostela in May of 2018
Hi - I will begin the Camino Frances on May 29, 2018 from Burgos. Super excited to complete my camino. Last year, hubby and I began from SJPP to Burgos. This year, going with friends by foot, hubby going on bike.

We are all from California, so if you see us on the Camino please say hello. My friends are newbies.

I have questions about the weather. Does anyone know what the weather is like from Burgos to Compostela in June? We also made reservations for lodging, because my friends really want reservations, but my experience has been to make the the day before.

Any advice? Also, how do I get this on the calendar???

Thank you so much
Buen Camino
Olivia

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Howdy Pilgrim,

Weather should be very nice, but temperatures may start to soar on parts of the Frances route, so be mindful of that. Many private albergues take reservations in advance, but most "public" albergues will not, and to post something on the calendar, once you created a thread, you must go back to the edit options, and that should allow you to post onto the calendar.

Buen Camino!

Howdy Pilgrim,

Weather should be very nice, but temperatures may start to soar on parts of the Frances route, so be mindful of that. Many private albergues take reservations in advance, but most "public" albergues will not, and to post something on the calendar, once you created a thread, you must go back to the edit options, and that should allow you to post onto the calendar.

Buen Camino!
Thanks Camino Addict!! I'll keep that in mind.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good on you Miss Olivia! Last September-October I met another Olivia, she helped me taking my photo at the Fuente de Vino de Bodegas Irache. Good luck with the planning and execution, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
Hi - I was there last year in June and we ended in Burgos. Super excited to finish the Camino this year.
Thank you and many blessing to you!
Olivia

Hi, planning to start the camino in May 30 arriving in Madrid from Miami eehh!! very excited I will do it on bike maybe a bump with your hubby I have the same question about the weather since in June for me is hot. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Mister Carlos welcome aboard, your first post! You are going to love the camino! Good luck y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Hi, planning to start the camino in May 30 arriving in Madrid from Miami eehh!! very excited I will do it on bike maybe a bump with your hubby I have the same question about the weather since in June for me is hot. Buen Camino
Hi Carlos, we are starting on May 29th from Burgos. Flying in from LAX to Madrid, then train to Burgos. It's 12.95 euro to get to Burgos from Madrid. I would recommend sightseeing in Madrid for at least two days prior to your start. The cathedral of Burgos is a sight that should not be missed. I ended there from St Jean last year and it's spectacular. It rained on us too and that was in June, but it wasn't cold. It was wonderous. Have a buen camino and safe travels. I'm sure we will bump into each other!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, my plan is Miami to Madrid I lived in Madrid for seven years then go to Logrono, Rioja for a couple of days to hang out with old time friends then go to Leon and star the journey to Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.