• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino from Paris, What is the Albergue situation?

Consey78

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Primitivo
Hello
In the Camino departing from Paris, what is the albergue situation?
Is there plenty of well spaced, affordable albergues?
Are they municipal or private?
Does anyone have a list or app they could recommend?
Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Maybe look here for some ideas? Looks pretty empty though. Not yet developed?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I walked from Paris to SJPdP in May/June of this year.

The best resources for updated accommodation and route information are the respective websites of the regional associations, listed here.

Reservations are necessary, as many gites are not staffed and require a visit to the mairie during business hours to collect the key or passcode.

For additional pilgrim accommodation in France in the local tourist offices ask about the donativo Chaîne d'Hospitalité Locale

Those who offer pilgrims such hospitality do so for the pleasure of meeting/greeting pilgrims as well as helping them. During past years my husband and I ran a b&b/pilgrim house in our farmhouse facing the Marne river as part of the local Chaine. My first pilgrim shell hung at the door marking it as a pilgrim place.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello
In the Camino departing from Paris, what is the albergue situation?
Is there plenty of well spaced, affordable albergues?
Are they municipal or private?
Does anyone have a list or app they could recommend?
Thanks
rom st Jean I booked the first 2 nights. Have had no problem getting a bed. Municipal are underbooked, I think because people panicked and booked priva

I walked Paris/Saint-Jean d-Angeles this past August, September. I’m an 84 YO woman traveling alone and can only go about 12 miles max each day. It was a challenge finding places at such short intervals, yet somehow I did it. MMDD is a huge help. And the advice from Threewishes above about the associations is excellent. (At one point, I was “passed along” from one place to another via the friendships of the hostelliers. THAT was really great.). Be mindful that Mairies are usually not open weekends, Mondays, and holidays. Also, many in the smaller villages are open only half days—some in the mournings and some in the afternoons.
Knowing how to really use your cell phone is helpful and a good smattering of French is very convenient for understanding.

I walked Paris/Saint-Jean d-Angeles this past August, September. I’m an 84 YO woman traveling alone and can only go about 12 miles max each day. It was a challenge finding places at such short intervals, yet somehow I did it. MMDD is a huge help. And the advice from Threewishes above about the associations is excellent. (At one point, I was “passed along” from one place to another via the friendships of the hostelliers. THAT was really great.). Be mindful that Mairies are usually not open weekends, Mondays, and holidays. Also, many in the smaller villages are open only half days—some in the mournings and some in the afternoons.
Knowing how to really use your cell phone is helpful and a good smattering of French is very convenient for understanding.
May I ask you for a list of your stages? A route list for this pilgrimage would be very appreciated...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back