Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino ingles versus last stage of camino france

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
Apr 23, 2008
rosturk said:
can anyone advise which is the easier walk for someone with breathing difficulties when climbing from Ferroll or from Sarria
I think the easier walk is from Sarria,in theory its downhill,but the big plus is the abundance of Alburgue's every 7km or so.
I think the CI is a better walk but the accommodation is more spaced out in one case nearly 28km uphill to Bruma,one of the highest points in Galicia,I think Bruma means the place of mists.
I love the CI as it was my first Camino and I would choose it everytime over Sarria which only comes into it's own if you have done a long walk in order to get there first.
Ian

daesdaemar

Camino-holic
Apr 28, 2010
Florida, USA
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles - twice
I have done the Ingles from Ferrol twice. Some parts of it are definitely hard work and I suspect a person with some medical issues related to breathing might have problems. I have not done the Frances from Sarria so I cannot personally give a comparison.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Dec 15, 2010
North West England
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés (2004.SJPP-SdC-Finisterre)(1998-2012 completed in sections). Norte (2006.122km) Inglés (2009)
In 2009 I walked Ferrol to SDC.
In 2010 I walked Sarria to SDC.

I have stents and two of my arteries are 90% narrowed. Throw in diabetes, some kidney failure, some loss of sensation in my feet and that's me.

Sarria is best. More people to help if you get into trouble. More bars to stop at. Albergues far more frequent. More roads, buses and taxis to call.

While the topography from Sarria is downhill, be aware that the Camino crosses a number of river beds so there is still plenty of hills to go up.

What is significant is that the hills on the Camino Ingles are higher and more strenuous. Indeed the climb out of Pontedeume is steep, long and challenging.

The blunt truth is if you need medical help or have to abandon your Camino it will be far easier on the Sarria to SDC route.

If you find that this route gives few problems then you might come back to the Ingles at a later date, but for now undertake the Frances.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.