• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino inspired music

Olafur

Hello camino friends, I walked the Camino Frances in 2009 from St.jean to Finisterre in mars-april 2009, the goal was to clear my mind and soul as well as to seek inspiration for my music. I also walked camino portuguese and ingles in 2011 which was also a wonderful experience.

Now I have published music where some of the songs are directly camino inspired and I want to share with you two of the songs if you are interested:

First is the title song "Running Around the Old Round Ground":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7-hEDcF ... ure=relmfu

And secondly a song called "Mountain":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEtBVO89VsM

Thank you for listening and Buen Camino to those who are on their way ;)

Olafur i Hvarfi
http://www.facebook.com/OlafurIHvarfi

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Great to hear you relate to the music grayland, might be interesting to know how it works for those who listen to music when walking the camino... I only listen to the sounds of nature when hiking, however many people have their mp3 player with them and experience the walk with their favorite music.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the music tracks and thank you for listening....
if it was not for the listener, music would not exist ;)

Olafur i Hvarfi

http://www.facebook.com/OlafurIHvarfi

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Great music.
I never listen to music while I'm walking.
I do sing though! I can't sing in tune but I find songs popping into my head and taking over my brain, going over and over in my head, sometimes for a whole day - even though I don't know all the words!
Some songs are from my childhood - when I went to Sunday School. (I've been a Buddhist for over 35 years but I still like my Sunday School songs!) And those camp fire songs! "She'll be coming round the mopuntain when she comes - yeehaaa!"
Some are pop songs - old and new. Try singing GI Blues by Elvis (those who rmember it) its got a great beat for high stepping along gravel paths!
And the tune of Toreador! Fabulous to walk to.

Thank you sillidoll, I can relate to your experience as I do the same when walking lol ... humm all kinds of old songs in my head and sure I have had similar songs in my head as you have... "we shall overcome" is one that I often sang loud in my head on the caminos LOL, most propbably a classic among pilgrims when feet and body are hurting ;)

By the way sillidoll and grayland, I just posted a new video in youtube if you like and some of the photos I use are from the camino in 2009, one in the woods and two from Finisterre... the golden sun picture in the end is from a remote location in Iceland, however the white sun just after is Finisterre as are the sun pictures with the individuals in each photo enjoying the sunset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yLAkdxoxWg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Beautiful music, a beautiful haunting and pensive mood. Thank you.

Thank you very much rglonpre, it is truly inspiring and rewarding to hear when people relate to the mood of the music, specially when it is fellow pilgrims ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.