• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino invierno two stamps per day

La Brique Jaune

Official member of la confradia del pinza del oro
Time of past OR future Camino
2017: SJPDP to Fisterra
2024: SJPDP to Fisterra
Hi to all,

I'm on the invierno right now and I will be in santiago tomorrow. I realise today I didn't get two stamps per day in the last 100 km. My question is how in the pilgrim office they are strict about this rule since in my opinion is harder to get two stamps and should I try it anyway ?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is just anecdotal but I’ve finished the Camino Invierno a couple of weeks ago and only rarely got two stamps a day (because there wasn’t always much opportunity, bars closed etc). Had no problems whatsoever at the pilgrim office.

My question is how in the pilgrim office they are strict about this rule since in my opinion is harder to get two stamps and should I try it anyway ?
Make sure to get a couple on the way tomorrow, and explain to the staff that you had difficulty (though there is really no problem getting two stamps a day on the invierno, winter or summer). No guarantees, but hopefully you will get an understanding staff member or volunteer and all will be ok.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You can use photos as stamps

Offer to show your smartphone photos as evidence of your daily progress, in lieu of the second sello. The metadata collected with every photo indicates where the photo was taken, as well as the date and time.

On an iPhone, access this by pressing the “circled I” icon at the bottom of your photos page. Scroll down to the tiny map with your location shown.

Sellos are preferred as they are much better and gadget to review at the counter. But, I have seen photos used to defend Compostela eligibility many times.

Hope this helps,

Tom

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi

I get my compostella, the lady didn't check if I have two sells per day, maybe because I have two credential and a mighty Viking big beard. The process took less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Hi to all,

I'm on the invierno right now and I will be in santiago tomorrow. I realise today I didn't get two stamps per day in the last 100 km. My question is how in the pilgrim office they are strict about this rule since in my opinion is harder to get two stamps and should I try it anyway ?
I didnlt always get 2 stamps in September and no questions or problems

It is pretty clear from a lot of anecdotal evidence that many of the volunteers and staff at the Pilgrim Office do not check for compliance with the "two stamps a day for the last 100 km" rule. It is also pretty clear from anecdotal evidence that at least a few do. We haven't conducted a rigorous enough study to determine what the percentages are but, because there are at least  some who do, we generally advise collecting the stamps if the Compostela is important, advice that isn't hard to follow if you are on the Frances or Portugues. Of course, this advice isn't so helpful if it arrives too late or the stamps are nowhere to be found. In that case, the best advice would be to try your luck. It seems that most of the people behind the desk are not scrupulous with every pilgrim. And if you do get a scrupulous one, look for other evidence of your walk like photos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Today's noon pilgrim mass in the cathedral in Santiago has just started and the Botafumeiro is back in place after being out of use for several months for repair work. The view from one of the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.