• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino is safe but...

D

delmi alvarez

fsdfsdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Re: Camino is safety but...

I had a similar experience in Leon in September 2007. I bought him a cheap phone card, which to his credit he actually tried to give back to me, but he wanted bus fair to some other city, I didn't give it to him as it was more than my daily budget. Felt bad for the guy, seemed sorta' sad and lost. I don't know if it was same guy, but not sure if he was a pilgrim. I think I might have given him some money for food, too. Oh well, I don't like to be hungry.
Liz

Re: Camino is safety but...

Liz indicated:I might have given him some money for food

Giving to the less fortunate is a very Christian and proper thing to do for everyone.

Here's a suggestion on how to safely do it...if you believe you must.

Keep a euro or two in an easily accessible outer pocket...I use a small baggie so it won't jungle. This reduces the amount of money someone can get in a classic "snatch and run'. Never, ever take out your money pouch and dig around...bad juju.

Buen safely trod Camino

Arn

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum