• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Le Puy - Thermal baths in Lectoure

• Thread starter Former member 104756
  • Start date
F

Former member 104756

Bonjour - for pilgrims planning to walk on the Le Puy Way (Via Podiensis) - letting you know that in the picturesque hilltop town of Lectoure there is a thermal spa.

We are living in Lectoure for a while. This afternoon I treated myself. And while sitting in the steamy hammam had a great chat with 3 Canadian pilgrims, who had arrived that afternoon.

Entry price is 17 euros which gives you access to the swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and hammam. The spa is connected (including literally by a tunnel) with the Hotel College des Doctrinaires, but is open to all.

Could be just the thing for weary bodies.😎

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just make sure you have a swimming cap—it’s required!!
That’s interesting Lynn. I didn’t have a cap and didn’t see anyone else in the pool with one and there was always an attendant there. I was given instructions before entering, but no mention of caps. Maybe their rules have changed. 😎

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe... In 2018, when I was in Lectoure finishing up the Le Puy way--everyone was required to have a bathing cap (I had to buy one!). Also HAD to have one when I booked a water spa "experience" in Acebo (on the Camino Frances) in 2019 and again in Ponte de Lima (Caminho Portugues Central) at a golf resort and spa in 2022. (Lost mine and had to buy another one for Ponte de Lima.) I seek out spas, massages and water wherever I walk and the little cap has become one of the things I will always bring with me.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back