• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino momento for my fellow peregrinos

Dzyduck87

Northwest Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2014
Hello all!

Natasha and I headed out from Alberta, Canada, and walked the Camino Frances in May 2014. During our camino we gained many new friends, little did we know how significant and long-term some of those friendships would turn out to be.

We were recently invited to Ireland to witness a fellow peregrinos book release.

I know in today's society it is not hard to get a novel published. It is also not uncommon to come across a pilgrim who has plans of writing a book.

However, I have begun reading James Keoghan's book and it is something else. James was seventy years old when he set out from St. Jean Pied de Port and I am privelleged to say I was a part of his party from the start. We were separated for weeks at a time, but fate would have us walk into Santiago together.

James wrote a novel of his experience and if you are a seasoned pilgrim, I implore you read it. I have to pace myself as I nearly break into tears reliving the experiences and moments he describes. It is such a beautiful book. It is available through amazon, and as an e-book through Chapter's. I have pasted the link below.

If you read it, please come back and give it a review as I would love to share it with James. I've also attached some pictures of our group. :) In the picture where we're sitting from L-R it goes Tom, Roly, Sara, Natasha(Meg), James behind her, Des, Graham behind, Anto - and some others we did not know as well.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/currahoo-to-santiago-my-camino/9780993353994-item.html

Attachments

• James1.jpg
    James1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 41
  • James2.jpg
    James2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 41
  • James3.jpg
    James3.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 42
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I know 3 people in my community with books, so when someone comes out with one, I'm thinking "Oh neat" but not that surprised. You can pay to get a book published and put on Amazon.

James got his book on Chapters Indigo though which I think is wonderful and attests to his ability as an author. :)

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Is the book available in hardcover or paperback form? I would love to read it but do not have a kindle. I have looked it up on Amazon and it only seems to be in e-book form from what I can see.

You should be able to get it paperback and hardcover soon, I know Natasha pre-ordered through Amazon as it is showing as "Sold Out".

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It's actually harder than ever to get a novel published these days.

It's actually very easy these days. I've got 5 so far. :oops: Two are business 'novels'. One even has a love interest! :eek:

On boring business topics though. Not the camino :(

Writing a 'best seller'? Now that's the tough bit....

Last edited:
I fell in love with the description.

All though I'm not a huge fan of e-books, it hurts my eyes reading too much on a screen. It is possible to get a copy in paperback?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back