• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Newbie • Starting March 20

yb2971

Time of past OR future Camino
March (2018)
Hi all! I am a 23 year old who's from Washington D.C. I read about the Camino de Santiago in a fiction book over a year back. The author's powerful story (fiction adopted from the author's personal experience) stuck with me ever since.

I originally planned a 25 day trip across Europe, but decided to nix it. Instead, I decided to walk the Camino alone. I'm currently facing a few obstacles in my personal life and I hope to gain more perspective and clarity about myself as I trek with others. As I prepare for this awesome journey, I just wanted to say how excited I am to go through it with so many equally energized individuals. Will admit, I am equally nervous as I am excited. My lack of preparation (I see some individuals physically prepping for this for months) makes me a tad nervous. Nevertheless, I'm excited. Hope to see some of you there!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Welcome to the forum! Most of us were nervous when setting out on our first Camino, so you are not alone. The feeling soon passes as you take your first steps, and gives way to excitement. Although doing some training prior to going can be helpful, you have "youth" on your side and will probably do fine. As many say, the first week of walking becomes your training.

I hope your pilgrim experience will meet all of the expectations you have...and more!
Buen Camino!

Saint Jean Pied de Port אני רוצה לנסוע מברצלונה ל
בחודש ספטמבר מה הדרך הנוחה והמהירה ביותר

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all! I am a 23 year old who's from Washington D.C. I read about the Camino de Santiago in a fiction book over a year back. The author's powerful story (fiction adopted from the author's personal experience) stuck with me ever since.

I originally planned a 25 day trip across Europe, but decided to nix it. Instead, I decided to walk the Camino alone. I'm currently facing a few obstacles in my personal life and I hope to gain more perspective and clarity about myself as I trek with others. As I prepare for this awesome journey, I just wanted to say how excited I am to go through it with so many equally energized individuals. Will admit, I am equally nervous as I am excited. My lack of preparation (I see some individuals physically prepping for this for months) makes me a tad nervous. Nevertheless, I'm excited. Hope to see some of you there!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.